• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX 470/480 looks like a fail so some help please?

Well I uninstalled and just installed the 10-3 W7 64Bit pack and everything went fine...
Actually if I'm honest this unnerved me a bit because there was no issues I thought there was a problem lol - I went through the system menu looking for problems hehe

To all you NV fanboys - I understand your resentment to change... change is not nice, especially when you've been top of the Graphics card heap for so long. But trust this unbiased opinion of mine... I put my two 5850's into my rig, installed the drivers, played several games to test the system out and it works flawlessly, in fact I'd give the swap from NV to ATi 10 out of 10.

ATI HAVE GOT WHAT IT TAKES>>> I'M GLAD I TOOK THE GAMBLE and ALSO SAVED MYSELF SOME CASH. IF YOU ARE THINKING OF A NEW CARD(S) TRUST ME WHEN I SAY ATi NOW HAVE AN OPTION FOR YOU.

What a difference a week makes lol.:rolleyes:

Sent these cards back and had a full refund.
Battlefield 2; ARMA 2; both games run like a crock of ...
The graphics looked sweet to start with, then the stuttering and long load times kick in, then there's the drivers and the advice to tweak this, do that.

I'm sorry - but I never had this with the Nvidia cards, why should I buy something that I have to fiddle like hell with from week one to get to work?

Nope - looks like the 480 although hot and hungry for wattage is going to be my next buy... As least I'll have problem free gaming without the hang ups!

Last couple of weeks I've had more problems with the Ati Cards and Drivers then my Ex-Wife gave me during our divorce :D -

Sorry guys but if you can't play why pay? - back to my green hungry hot tempered whore ;)

Zoid

re:

Then the stuttering and long load times kick in

Load times with Battlefield Bad Company 2 are just dreadfull with ATI cards:eek:
When I am setting the com station many of my ATI members have not even entered the game:eek:
Its strange why this issue has been around so long:confused:
In World at War many ATI users would tend to miss a round because they were too slow getting in:confused:
Very strange
Cheers
mrix

I got tired of the flickering in BC2 with my 4870X2. It did put me off playing it. On my 8800gtx is runs so much smoother even if the settings are a bit lower.

I got tired of the flickering in BC2 with my 4870X2. It did put me off playing it. On my 8800gtx is runs so much smoother even if the settings are a bit lower.

Yep - installed my old 800GTX and it loaded instantly
I had time for a pi$$ with the ATi cards - honestly to get Arma 2, BFBC2 to play was just awful, don't tell me its a EA issue because ATi just released a patch and its still there in some form or another.

Add to the issue:
V-Sync issues
Grey screen at map load
Stuttering on Arma2 and BFBC2 would be enough to give an epileptic fit
To be honest - not a happy chappy when told to install older drivers lol. Come on that's a poor excuse.

Z

I had time for a pi$$ with the ATi cards - honestly to get Arma 2, BFBC2 to play was just awful, don't tell me its a EA issue because ATi just released a patch and its still there in some form or another.

Add to the issue:
V-Sync issues
Grey screen at map load
To be honest - not a happy chappy when told to install older drivers lol. Come on that's a poor excuse.

Z

I never noticed any loading waits on my rig but I did have the grey screen at map load (this happened allot), some v-sync issues and some stuttering. I also got a few lock ups and kicked back to desktop.

I was actually shocked that none of the above was there with my 8800gtx. I thought BC2 was broken and what I was experiencing happened with all cards. Maybe running xfire didnt help.

Add to the issue:
V-Sync issues
Grey screen at map load

Z

All those issues in bc2 except for loading times have been fixed in the current beta drivers and not sure what happened in arma 2 as it plays fine on mine and my mates cards. He has crossfire 4890 so 5850 should have been fine.

Add to the issue:
V-Sync issues
Grey screen at map load

Z

I went from a GTX275 to 5870, BFBC2 is the only game where i've encountered a few minor issues and that was the v-sync one which you can fix yourself anyway plus the loading times.(i do not get stuttering or grey screens ever but have heard various issues with crossfire enabled in BFBC2)

Every other game been fine and switching was easy as making a cup of coffee.(no need to re-install w7 and using driver cleaner makes things worse plus it's not even needed anyway.)

My GTX275 had the v-sync issue too by the way, perhaps you should have gone 5870/5970.

Back
Top Bottom