GTX 580 in SLI Vs Xbox S - advice needed

Associate
OP
Not at all

They were both designed for the games that were around in 2011? :)

No I wouldn't - 8 year old tech is 8 years old, things have moved on in the PC world. If you want a fixed platform for gaming that only needs updating every 5 years or so then you absolutely should buy a console.

Because when you invested in a high end PC in 2011, the graphics capability was hugely better than the equivalent console at the time (XBox 360), You would have been playing at 1080P Max settings, vs a console that managed at best 720P.

The point of spending "all that money" is to get a better experience now - longevity isn't guaranteed. If all you want is console quality graphics, then there was no need to spend all that money - it could have been done at the time for much less.

I think I bought too much into the idea of future proofing. It's a real kick in the ******** after spending so much money to be honest.

Soldato
I think I bought too much into the idea of future proofing. It's a real kick in the ******** after spending so much money to be honest.

It's no different to buying a new car or a £3000 tv, 8 years later they will have lost much of their value. You're essentially paying for the enjoyment of have a great tv or car for 8 years, same with PCs.

The Xbox won't have lost as much value as it was much cheaper to begin with, the car on the other hand in being more expensive to start with would have lost £10,000 or so even though a new car is no faster unlike with a PC.

Back
Top Bottom