• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX 680 SLI Owners - How does this Unigine Benchmark Score look?

gregster, I am using the older 306.97 release since the 310.90s were basically broken for me, and a lot of other people with SLI 680s due to the "undetected cards on boot-up" error (more info on the Nvidia Forums if you don't know what I am talking about).

Aye, I need to OC my CPU again that's for sure.

310's were broken for me but these new 313.95 are the dogs. SLI for sure is superb on these.

I am not saying you will see the same fps as me but these new drivers have improved so much since the shoddy 310.xx's

Thanks for the comments. Re-clocked my CPU to 3.6 and re-ran the benches (memory back to 1444 but with the right timings).

3D Mark has a clear improvement: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/5752477 from about P10,000 to P14,000.

Unigine scores as follows with the same settings as in the first post:

FPS: 131.0
Scores: 3301
Min FPS: 43.1
Max FPS: 245.7

So that is an increased result of about 700-800 points.

BF3 Sequence from Operation Swordbreaker:

Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
10270, 92040, 78, 201, 111.582

Average FPS up by about 15.

I would say these results are pretty consistent with the overclock settings, wouldn't you? Need to consider of course that this is with older drivers. I want to make further tweaks on the RAM and CPU to maximise power, and OC the GPUs as well - which would net me further gains.

I concur and have to say that is looking much better. You could improve it further but that is down to how far you want to overclock your CPU of course :)

Very accepatble though and no need to bother if you are happy.

Hope I helped a little :)

I concur and have to say that is looking much better. You could improve it further but that is down to how far you want to overclock your CPU of course :)

Very accepatble though and no need to bother if you are happy.

Hope I helped a little :)

Oh you helped immensely - many thanks for your advice and input - no way I would have gotten here without it. You are a top bloke :)

Thanks to all the other posters as well - this is what makes OcUK such a great place :)

The perfoverlay is still showing the CPU well beneath the GPU line but ho-hum, not sure what else there is to do about it. Maybe at 1440 with everything at Ultra that's the way it is....

Oh you helped immensely - many thanks for your advice and input - no way I would have gotten here without it. You are a top bloke :)

Thanks to all the other posters as well - this is what makes OcUK such a great place :)

The perfoverlay is still showing the CPU well beneath the GPU line but ho-hum, not sure what else there is to do about it. Maybe at 1440 with everything at Ultra that's the way it is....

Sweet and glad to help. I wouldn't worry too much about it and that I7 920 is still going well for a 4 year old chip :)

Sweet and glad to help. I wouldn't worry too much about it and that I7 920 is still going well for a 4 year old chip :)
One of the best intel cpu's in recent years. I think that my old 920 is a much better cpu than the one i have in sig now.

Clocking wise, if you can get it to run 4ghz at 20x200 bclk, 8x memory multi will leave the ram running at 1600mhz. Does usually require a touch more vcore and qpi voltage than using the 21x multi though.

Can you raise the bclk a bit more, this will get your memory closer to 1600mhz and also give a higher oc

Aye, I will definitely up the BCLK a little more.

One of the best intel cpu's in recent years. I think that my old 920 is a much better cpu than the one i have in sig now.

Clocking wise, if you can get it to run 4ghz at 20x200 bclk, 8x memory multi will leave the ram running at 1600mhz. Does usually require a touch more vcore and qpi voltage than using the 21x multi though.

I have never managed to get my OC stable at 4 GHz - although I think my approach in the past has been a bit too conservative. Will try this again soon.

Back
Top Bottom