Associate
I think some people are missing the point of a Gucci belt. It's about taking a nice relaxing train to london then heading to Gucci store on bond street/sloane street and knowing that you doing this because you've made a real professional achievment. Yes £240-£300 is a lot for a belt (and I'm actualy considering buying two) but it's well justified. For most people it wouldn't make much sense but for someone who has worked very, very hard and outperformed the 2nd highest by 70-80% it's a well earned treat.

CQtKhZk.jpg

Man of Honour
I think some people are missing the point of a Gucci belt. It's about taking a nice relaxing train to london then heading to Gucci store on bond street/sloane street and knowing that you doing this because you've made a real professional achievment. Yes £240-£300 is a lot for a belt (and I'm actualy considering buying two) but it's well justified. For most people it wouldn't make much sense but for someone who has worked very, very hard and outperformed the 2nd highest by 70-80% it's a well earned treat.
Most high achieving people wouldn't buy a £240 Gucci belt because of exactly what it says about the buyer. It sends all the wrong signals. If you truly want to spend that on a belt then get something subtle. Success and wealth is far better signalled with subtlety and taste.

Caporegime
For most people it wouldn't make much sense but for someone who has worked very, very hard and outperformed the 2nd highest by 70-80% it's a well earned treat.

Haha, excellent.

Assuming not a troll - and if it is it's good - then if you want to impress people put the belt money into investments. Keep doing that with every other **** purchase you would have made and retire ten years earlier than you would otherwise have.

Not having to work at all is better than showing everyone you're the best double glazing salesman.

Caporegime
Haha, excellent.

Assuming not a troll - and if it is it's good - then if you want to impress people put the belt money into investments. Keep doing that with every other **** purchase you would have made and retire ten years earlier than you would otherwise have.

Not having to work at all is better than showing everyone you're the best double glazing salesman.
OP, ignore this guy who drives a Skoda (see Motors) and shaves his own hair.

Buy THREE belts and wear one around your waist, and the other two over your shoulders and under your gentleman's area to hold your massive balls :thumbsup:

e:
I don’t know what he said in SC but it must have been pretty extreme to get such a long-standing and (usually) reasonable member of the community perma’d. :(

Will miss you sigma…
Yep but for clarity, my 'research' (there was none) started and stopped at his comments before perma so may not be reflective of the whole story. Good poster though :(

e2: I feel inclined to add some commentary to commend Participant's hair choice. Dude looks good and would 9/10 bang on first date (me but probably also him, call me).

e3: I suspect from the recent trimming of posts that my above comments around perma'd poster will be removed, redacted or changed. Hey guys - is that a thing we do now?

Last edited:
Caporegime

I think you should buy four. Maybe even five.

Man of Honour
The modern way...

Gucci belts are targeted at people who watch ITV or worse, some of those d, e and f ITV channels full of plastic people with 9 billion Gucci belt wearing followers on Instagram. Ive got a Gucci watch I had for my 18th some 33 years back. Wear that if you want? It’ll need some new glass as it fell off onto a puddle a few weeks later when I got a bit fighty outside my local.

Should have asked for a belt really come to think of it.

Associate
You will look like a right plonker. Understated belt, quality suit. The gucci belt might help you get a traveller wife if you rock up to the local caravan site though.

Man of Honour
I'm pretty sure this is a wind up. I don't care how much you spend to keep your trousers up but nobody could be so un-self-aware and gauche by accident.....surely?

Soldato
OP
Not trolling. Listened to what people have had to say and watched a few videos on youtube of people buying gucci belts. I fully see the negative association. I'm now getting a burberry and montblanc instead.

Soldato
OP
No this one :-

https://uk.burberry.com/ekd-plaque-buckle-london-checkleather-belt-p80060531

and/or possibly this :- https://uk.burberry.com/plaque-buckle-1983-checkleather-belt-p40799161

And definitely this :-

https://www.montblanc.com/en-gb/collection/leather/belts/116705-montblanc-belt.html

I thought long and hard and considered the association of gucci. Seeing the sort of people buying gucci belts on youtube made me think twice plus some comments here about going for more subtle, sophisticated look. Don't get me wrong I still like the gucci but going for class instead.

Back
Top Bottom