Guild Wars 2

Soldato
SO I take it you guys are playing the game due to the 3 day head start?

Is it good?
It seems to be worth it, that's for sure.

First mmo for me, so the interface is very confusing initially. And I find the camera and targeting system particularly annoying, but that's maybe because I'm used to playing things more fast paced.

However the areas are all amazingly done, dynamic events are great, and the game in general grabs your attention.

Soldato
Biggest problem so far is definitely the party system and overflows issue... wonder why it isn't working as far as I knew it was working in the stress tests? :/

Soldato
Level 26 and still going. Starting to flag now for the first time since 4:45am hence me tabbing out and typing on here.

The down time was a little annoying but nothing out of the ordinary for a new MMO launch.

Enjoying it a lot so far!

Associate
The strange thing is that one of the biggest complaints after bwe1 was the over flow servers and not being able to play with your friends, and in all of the other beta events it worked fine because you could all join the party leaders instance, but it seems like they broke something in release, weather it was the zone caps or something, but the join now thing worked perfectly for me and all of my friends after bwe1. :confused:

Soldato
The strange thing is that one of the biggest complaints after bwe1 was the over flow servers and not being able to play with your friends, and in all of the other beta events it worked fine because you could all join the party leaders instance, but it seems like they broke something in release, weather it was the zone caps or something, but the join now thing worked perfectly for me and all of my friends after bwe1. :confused:

They definitely broke it somehow which is a shame as playing with friends is a pretty important part of an MMO.. :/

Soldato
I think I might pick this up in a few days/weeks seeing as the game is having teething issues and it hasn't even officially launched yet.

There's a few little things but I think there nearly always is until the game matures and that takes a while.

The party system ain't the greatest in its current form but to be honest I think it's only a problem in Queensdale and the other starting zones etc.

We have been in Kessex Hills all night and not had any problems with not being able to play with each other.

Permabanned
Pretty annoyed, if I'm honest.

Couldn't get on all day, log on now in the PM after going AFK all day...

Desolation server now full as a Home world choice. Totally cut off from all my friends.

Sigh.

Hope it's not totally Locked, the wording is ambiguous...

No it's not locked this is about the 6th time it's hit full, then it sits like that for a hour or so and I'm guessing they raise the cap.

We have had loads on VoIP with us just waiting to get on Desolution and they all eventually have gotten on (bout 70+) in the guild now being a slow, but steady progress.

Associate
Hit lvl 20 on my warrior, 90% crit passive, don't want to level up again. :D

100% queensdale, plains of ashford and divinity's reach and leveled weapon / armorsmithing to around 40-50 each.

spent pretty much 95% of the time in overflower servers, mail is unavailable and 'join in' is borked.

Aside from that, enjoying it.

Soldato
Hit lvl 20 on my warrior, 90% crit passive, don't want to level up again. :D

100% queensdale, plains of ashford and divinity's reach and leveled weapon / armorsmithing to around 40-50 each.

spent pretty much 95% of the time in overflower servers, mail is unavailable and 'join in' is borked.

Aside from that, enjoying it.

What weapon combo are you using?

Im a level 14 warrior and currently switching between 2H sword/long bow, and 2H sword/ dw swords. The bow is better than I expected.

Associate
What weapon combo are you using?

Im a level 14 warrior and currently switching between 2H sword/long bow, and 2H sword/ dw swords. The bow is better than I expected.

Greatsword / 1h axe + warhorn.

Greatsword for damage, axe to spend adrenaline and warhorn for mobility. Switch greatsword for rifle whenever I need to kite something. Have been toying around with mace/sword + mace/shield defensive for fun.

Havent touched longbow since the first BWE, will have to try it out.

Back
Top Bottom