Guild Wars 2

Permabanned
Were you rotating the camera with the left mouse-click or right mouse-click, pretty sure we were all meant to rotate with the right-mouse click because it provided a smooth rotation that you could control, and with the right-click button it didnt lock the camera with you or "instantly move with you", that however did occur with the left mouse click.

Oh yea, people have to remember that you use the RMB to rotate the camera in GW2, A + D / Q + E are for moving your character, not the camera.

Associate
Honestly, downscale the effects, upscale the camera zoom and FOV.

Change that to "give the option to..." and totally agreed. I'd turn down particle effects if I could. They get crazy in big fights and are one of the serious causes of low FPS in big team combat. They do look nice and if you're ranged, they're not so much of a problem with relation to viewing so it'd be nice to leave in the option of having them, but they are a bit much sometimes.

Soldato
Alright so i've had a play on my mates account all Sunday and here are my thoughts, bear in mind that the only MMO I play is WoW.

Positives:

- The PvP is good albeit a bit simple. I think what will really shine in this game is the WvWvW when you're a high level.
- The UI and menus are really slick and well thought out. This might be the only game that you might not have to get custom UI's/skins.
- Dynamic PvE events (I don't like PvE) are good and varied. Doesn't feel like the usual grindfest that is WoW e.g 'go here and collect 10 XXX and bring them back'.

Negatives:

- I hate that everyone has healing skills. Fight can literally go on for ages as people fight/heal/fight/heal etc.. Started to bore me as it started out fun then turned into work.
- The world seems really boring and dull. While the graphics are nice, there's a lot of plain open areas filled with nothing. It's literally just the ground and a texture painted on. Would like to see it a bit more populated with shrubs/rocks/scenery etc..
- It takes forever to get back into the action when you get put down, I was literally running to get to the fight for around 2-3 minutes till I got there. Doesn't sound like a lot but trust me it is. Would be nice if they put checkpoint that both teams could control and re-spawn on and if not. give everyone mounts.
- Seems like everyone will play ranged classes. I made a Charr warrior (always been a Warrior on WoW) and while you have moves to slow them down there isn't any that freeze/rend them in place. Basically it was pointless playing as a melee DPS because i'd always go up against people who just spam casts/spells.
- The PvP is just a bit 'meh' in terms of enemies. On WoW you've got a massive back story and a reason to fight and hate Horde/Alliance. On here you're all on the same side until a PvP event starts, then you're greeted with generic enemy names such as 'Green Invader'/'Blue Invader' etc.. It just seems that you're PvPing for the sake of it.

So basically a quick sum up from around 3-4 or so hours played. Yeah it's early days and yeah they'll improve it but it feels like a £10 game to be honest and not something i'll be switching from WoW to.

Associate
Did anyone find any decent combo skills?

As an elementalist I was having a blast setting up combo fields and firing arcane blasts / arcane waves.

As a warrior w rifle it was more of a case of trying to position combo fields in between the targets. The sniper trait made this a little more involved as it then became an effort to line up combo field - target - more targets as the shots pierce.

Edit - guys can you post on this to give it some attention: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/suggestions/Trait-Feedback/page/1#post80078

I think some of the trait descriptions are dire and it really makes picking and choosing difficult, advanced tooltips would be an awesome addition imo.

Last edited:
Associate
Your post. u said thanks for the replies? replies on what? on people telling u to google search? :) lol

Are you serious? Its common courtesy. I was thanking people for replying to my question. In the meantime I also decided to do further reading elsewhere. I fail to see the joke. Other than you of course.

Soldato
Are you serious? Its common courtesy. I was thanking people for replying to my question. In the meantime I also decided to do further reading elsewhere. I fail to see the joke. Other than you of course.

what question? that is the point. you thank people for what? Dont u know how to use the quote button?

Now imagine if i wrote this post without quoting. people will be wondering wtf are you on about just like i was wondering about your post.

LEARN how to quote please

Associate
Did anyone get a chance to invenstigate any instances/dungeons? Couldn't get a group myself, but it looked very different to what i have played before (other mmos's) from the videos i have seen.

Yes, my guild did manage to complete a small mini-dungeon that was in the Charr area by the Igneous Tempalum. Font of Radut or sommat. It was in one of Total Biscuits videos. All underwater, but you could only get in if you cleared out the Temple. There was a room with 8 Shark head flame jets, and using a spear gun, a Frost Buff, and some air bubbles you had to put out all 8 Jets. When you did a door opened to the next area which was basically the boss. Killed the boss, and 5 chests spawned. Only downside.. the boss respawned about 45 seconds after we'd killed him.. Not a good move when you're looting chests.

Associate
I want to find a guild that doesnt rely on programs like mumble.. I find it annoying when those that use mumble wont really communicate with those on chat.

Its kindve made worse on GW2 by the fact its really hard to notice chat anyway so those inclined to focus on mumble wont bother to look.

Soldato
I want to find a guild that doesnt rely on programs like mumble.. I find it annoying when those that use mumble wont really communicate with those on chat.

Its kindve made worse on GW2 by the fact its really hard to notice chat anyway so those inclined to focus on mumble wont bother to look.

Talking is so advantageous that any guild worth their salt will use voice comms. It's just natural. You'll have to find a very casual guild to avoid it.

Associate

I think most Guilds use either Mumble, Ventrilo or TeamSpeak for comms, especially if they're doing a group quest or raid etc.

You can't fight & type tbh. If it's a casual Guild then it's not so much an issue but I've never known a guild that doesn't use it in some aspect.

Associate
Talking is so advantageous that any guild worth their salt will use voice comms. It's just natural. You'll have to find a very casual guild to avoid it.

I know there is obvious advantages to voice comms but it doesnt need to be casual.. I am sure theres people out there like me but its hard to find them for a guild.

Really what i find is you only need one person talking to coordinate any group when in raids and then anything else is just social chatter.

Guild wars is a game without raids and im not seeing all that much opportunity for commanding people because there is not really any defined roles and everyone just gets stuck in.

Soldato
Depends how competitive you want to be. If you're not going to speak you need to make up for it in other depts, usually preparation. As long as you know your role and have some direction you can still be effective, especially in PvE. Good players are still good players, but great players will discuss strategy and formulate decisions very quickly, which really requires voice to convey in time.

Back
Top Bottom