1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, we are running a Photoshop competition with a 32" monitor as the first prize - See here for details.

Gym clothes

Discussion in 'Sports Arena' started by phil675, Nov 23, 2012.

1. phil675

Mobster

So I've been going to the gym for the last 2 months or so, just wearing an old t-shirt and some adidas trackies. I seem to sweat quite a lot, the gym is pretty hot but it really is awful how much comes off my head, I've been told that wearing non-sporting clothes doesn't help, so I could do with some clothes that 'let me breath' or something.

I've had a look around Sports Direct but they only seem to sell last seasons fashion items and huge Nike trainers now which don't look very gym orientated so I'm not really sure what to buy. What kind of thing does OCUK wear at the gym? I mostly lift weights if that helps.

2. tom_nieto

Capodecina

Short shorts, a vest and a headband.

Seriously, just wear what's comfortable for what you're doing. It's normal to sweat in the gym.

3. SkodaMart

Mobster

Leg warmers?

4. Morba

Caporegime

Anything that I don't mind ripping or ruining.

5. LiE

Capodecina

Wear shorts, you'll be amazed how much cooler you stay.

6. mrthingyx

Man of Honour

A thong. Lets me know when I've got to the right depth on squats. :eek:

Practically, loose shorts and a cotton tshirt or vest (depending on what comes out the drawer first).

Tempted to get a one-piece and a rolled-up football sock, however...

7. rubberduck

Mobster

Some people just sweat a lot and others struggle to break a sweat at all. I could go for a 10k run on a summers day and be sweating less than my old man who was sat down eating a curry. If you are just lifting weights then I doubt changing clothing will make a differfence. Just buy some hand towels and make sure you take a fresh one to the gym every time to mop down!

8. GAC

Mobster

tshirt shorts and a towel. amazed how many dirty sods cant take a towel around the gym with them to clean up after they have dripped all over the equipment.

9. scottomus0

Hitman

10. neoboy

Capodecina

Well I sweat quite a lot so always wear shorts and normally just whatever t-shirt although I did buy some Nike Livestrong t-shirts while in US which are quite frankly brilliant but bloody expensive over here. I normally just wear a hat to stop having to wipe my face every 30 seconds (glasses don't help) and do for the love of god bring a towel with you and wipe equipment after yourself!

11. Freefaller

Man of Honour

I just wear baggy tracksuit crappy tshirt and old tracksuit top. Don't care about seeing myself in mirrors. Just wear what helps you train comfortably.

12. Supercow

Capodecina

Boardshorts and a tshirt does the trick, though admittedly on cardio days I tend to wear a moisture wicking tshirt made by Adidas and another made by Nike.

I sweat like a peado in a school yard on Cardio days and the "gym specific tshirts" don;t stick to my back.

13. Begbie

Capodecina

Pretty much anything thats on offer.

Mostly trackies and a t. Unless I'm doing cardio then I'll sometimes wear shorts.

14. Psymonkee

Capodecina

If you have issues with a sweaty head I've found plain bandanas work very well.

Additionally you can pretend to be a pirate when your resting :D

15. King Damager

Capodecina

Whatever's comfy.

Tend to go with trackies and a tshirt, but shorts might be on the agenda soon.

Whatever you do, please don't be one of these guys:

[​IMG]

So many guys at the gym I'm at wear this, and bleurgh, not a nice sight (however buff you might be)

kd

16. Cristian

Wise Guy

Obligatory jersey shorts and any random t-shirt. Nice and comfy to hit depth on squats.
    I don't get it how people can wear tracksuit pants, I start sweating just by looking at them. :(
    and I'm not even that fat (anymore).

17. Begbie

Capodecina

I find doing weight sessions in cotton type joggies damn comfy! Then I don't really sweat.

Infact even when I was out over in Qatar (with little to no air con) I worked out in trackie bs.

18. RIZZEE

Mobster

Shorts and a t shirt normally does it for me.

Can't see why people dress up so much when they go to the gym.

19. Somnambulist

Sgarrista

I just buy either shorts/trackies and non-cotton t-shirts (i.e. the breathable synthetic stuff) from SportsDirect's clearance bit. Cheap and cheerful!

I don't have anything against vests/singlets, although this time of year it's not a great idea as my gym has no heating of any kind, unless you count body heat from a lot of burly men.

20. semi-pro waster

Man of Honour

T-shirt, shorts and some trainers although I tend not to wear any footwear for squats/deadlifts anyway. Whatever is comfortable for you is the most important thing n.b. basic rules of decency apply so I don't care how comfortable you find your speedos, it's not appropriate in the gym.