Gym Rats Festive and New Years Meet - 12th January 2013

Man of Honour
Nice write up :cool:

T'was a great day!

Apologies to my team for my shambolic performance on the bench. As soon as I'd committed to 120 I realised how stupid it was, given that a) I benched on friday, b) I've not done 120 for anything over 3 reps before, c) I've not done touch and go reps for 3 months. My 6 reps was actually a PB! lols

Great to see you all, some for the first time (this didn't stop me from delivering sweet thumb justice to Skill's pecs...). I'm also glad that there are shots of UE next to us mere mortals, the guy is a tank. Would have been nice to talk to everyone properly at/after the meal, but there's always next time.

Next time, more socially awkward pose down pictures are needed.

Also, did nobody else have a whole chicken?!

Permabanned
Nice write up :cool:

T'was a great day!

Apologies to my team for my shambolic performance on the bench. As soon as I'd committed to 120 I realised how stupid it was, given that a) I benched on friday, b) I've not done 120 for anything over 3 reps before, c) I've not done touch and go reps for 3 months. My 6 reps was actually a PB! lols

Great to see you all, some for the first time (this didn't stop me from delivering sweet thumb justice to Skill's pecs...). I'm also glad that there are shots of UE next to us mere mortals, the guy is a tank. Would have been nice to talk to everyone properly at/after the meal, but there's always next time.

Next time, more socially awkward pose down pictures are needed.

Also, did nobody else have a whole chicken?!

haha tank, im blushing. I really want to get a meet out here in west wales, think about it, i have a hotel, a beach, and training kit which might soon consist of some serious outdoor strongman kit.....

Very seriously under consideration for a beasting weekend...

Man of Honour
haha tank, im blushing. I really want to get a meet out here in west wales, think about it, i have a hotel, a beach, and training kit which might soon consist of some serious outdoor strongman kit.....

That could be extremely awesome.
I did, whole chicken and chips :)
I felt like a glutton on my table. Well, I am a glutton, but you know... chicken.

Soldato

Great to see you all, some for the first time (this didn't stop me from delivering sweet thumb justice to Skill's pecs...).

Can't sniff at 120x6 though that was still strong.

So much for it not hurting today...........

Caporegime

Strongmen session, beer food and sleep then Sunday we go lift some natural welsh stones!

Man of Honour
Man I'd have loved to have been there - looked cold though (but then again I train with long sleeves and joggers!).

Looked awesome fun - looks like my chin record hasn't been beaten though :cool: :p :D

I hope there's another one soon and one to which I can turn up!

Back
Top Bottom