Poll: Gym Rats New Year Training Session 2012 *** Confirm Attendance please ***

Which date for some sweating and grunting? (MULTIPLE CHOICE POLL!)

• Total voters
Soldato
We will see how you guys squat heavy my ass is 5 inchs from the floor full squat then pause and lift, no half squatting men! Plus i cannot get my left arm over the bar so have to use a strap on the bar and hold it 4 inchs down, looks very risky on heavy squats but am used to it (only been back squatting for 5 weeks so only doing about 160kg reps assisted).

Its a pity i cannot do a 180kg bench for you as well haha only back up to 140kg bummer

5 inches off the floor?! that aint happening unless i go super wide. parallel is fine :D

Associate
I might attempt a DL pb. It's back day for me anyway. I haven't done a proper DL for a couple of months though. Been tending to do stiff legged and Romanian DL.

Infact, I'm not even sure what my pb is? :confused:

Man of Honour
We will see how you guys squat heavy my ass is 5 inchs from the floor full squat then pause and lift, no half squatting men! Plus i cannot get my left arm over the bar so have to use a strap on the bar and hold it 4 inchs down, looks very risky on heavy squats but am used to it (only been back squatting for 5 weeks so only doing about 160kg reps assisted).

Its a pity i cannot do a 180kg bench for you as well haha only back up to 140kg bummer

You'll still be the strongest one there. I'm an ATG man too, but for competition as long as you're getting parallel then that's all good! ;)

However, I struggle to just hit parallel, I always go below.

Deleted member 115712

Deleted member 115712

Me and Nikeair94 are thinking about getting a plane over for this, will keep updated :)

Associate
155kg for a 2x bodyweight DL.... Hmmmm..... I *might* have that in me for 1, gut wrenching, vessel bursting, poor form, hazy vision rep!

Edit. Would needs straps too! Lol

Man of Honour
OP
Can someone do me a massive favour.

Can one of you, just one though, don't want to annoy them :p, phone the gym up and double check it's all ok still for Saturday, group of 10, I won't have a chance to do it tomorrow until late evening and out all night tonight

Cheers

Man of Honour
My attendance is not looking good :(

The issue has been the family funeral that's happening tomorrow (fri) up in Manchester. I've not been totally sure what the arrangements are in the afternoon, but it's possible that there will be a meal.

If I don't make it, we need to arrange another asap. I am looking forward to abusing you all ;)

Steedie, what time are you going to leave?

Back
Top Bottom