• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

[H] 680 & 670 vs. 7970 & 7950 Stock+OC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hardocp are being paid by manufacturers to review their products!? :eek: Really?!

Some of the reports about this are a bit conspiracy-ish, but basically a lot of these sites are dependent on the Manufacturer to send them samples to review. To stay in their good books most sites will invariably have a bit of bias. Some will have a lot (TomsHardware) and some will have very little.

In some cases, a review which doesn't paint the card in favourable light can result in the site being blacklisted, resulting in some websites (like JonnyGuru) having to buy the cards in instead of getting free samples.

They really don't know how to sum up, Deus Ex:

"The AMD Radeon HD 7970 has benefited the most from overclocking and has the highest performance. HD 7970 OC is 23% faster than GTX 670 OC in this game, and even GTX 680 overclocked can't reach HD 7970 overclocked performance in this particular game."

The 680 min frame is 42, the 7970 is 29 and HardOCP not only don't think this is worth a mention but believe a min/avg frame of 29/83 beats 42/74

That aside these articles are always interesting, but of course heavily dependant on what o/c they can get with a single card.

Minimum frames and the averages are what counts for me. I would rather a 42 minimum and a 60 average than 29 and 83 average. I guess it depends on the times it spends at the lowest.

This is an old thread? & done on old drivers.

Tommybhoy said that we can't use [H] as examples of bench results because they are sponsored by Galaxy and they are wrong. I am now showing how the same person has used them and even put himself along side Kyle :D

I dislike misinformation and it seems that we can only use [H] when it has AMD winning. I couldn't care less but it has to be fair both ways.

Ah i see its for trolling purposes.

No one pays any attention to H's AMD results as i test them myself and they always miss between 5-30 fps from their 7970ghz results. Even on the rare occasion AMD actually win a benchmark with their 'methods' they still pick a reason to go green.

To summarise the review, the 7970 is the best, cheaper and overclocks better but we are now going to use Nvidia cards. Lol. Great review.

Quite amazing that the 7970 won even before all the huge performance gains came. Still though they didn't exactly test many good titles apart from battlefield 3.

No one pays any attention to H's AMD results as i test them myself and they always miss between 5-30 fps from their 7970ghz results. Even on the rare occasion AMD actually win a benchmark with their 'methods' they still pick a reason to go green.

No one... except the OP... who now trashes them whenever possible

given the other review sites that all now say that crossfire, for example, has issues, it was H who first pointed out that, despite FPS counters saying "good", they felt that the actual experience with nvidia was smoother

now we have other test methods that back up what H have said all along, but no, obviously it is H who are at fault, and all the sites that say that nvidia is a smoother experience are wrong, as are all the end users who post that on here, as are AMD themselves who have agreed that there is an issue and that they are going to do things the same way as nvidia in the future and implement frame metering in their drivers

when AMD admit there is a problem, but hard core users on here refuse to, it's pretty clear that it's bias at work

When I have time, I will troll through my own posts and post up quotes of when tommy has mentioned about [H]'s bias, that both rusty and gregster read.

Might even post exactly what gregster said away from the forum from march regarding his views on [H]'s bias too.

It won't be just now though as I'm in the middle of arranging funeral details for my father in law who's succumbed to a long battle with organ disease.

What makes it worse is one of the offenders new about it the other didn't, but hey ho, true personalities come out in stupid forum grievances.:(

Needless to say, shame on the kids in this forum, shocking absolutely shocking.:mad:

Say what you like Tommy and spam the threads but at least be honest and say "I was happy to use them when it suited but if they show Nvidia winning any games, they are not to be used".

It seems you have been caught showing your true colours (Red) and only allowing what suits to be posted. If you post up private emails, that is upto you. I have nothing to hide but I do advise against it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom