Hair Wax

Soldato
Don't use Wax, it just makes your hair lank. Use a matte paste like Ino Via (now rebranded but they will know what you mean if you ask in T&G) or fudge hair shaper from most back street barbers.

They both smell nice too unlike dax which smells like a cross between putty and furniture polish :D

EDIT: Yes suggestions are Metro, as my mates keep reminding me, but hey they think having a 'peppermint treatment' at T&G is Metro....they haven't seen the girl who does it :D:D. Metro = 'For the ladies' ;);)

Last edited:
Soldato
Go to boots, go to the mens section, then pick this up.

300.jpg

You wont regret it, ive used endless hair products and love this one. Smells ace to.

Associate
Another vote for Black & White, you only need a tiny amount compared to some makes, so it lasts ages, and it washes out pretty easily too

Retail shops only sell the small tubs though...go to a hairdresser supplier and get a large tub with about 6 times the amount for only double the price....

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah the fish wax smells of coconut, ive used dax in the past and my dad started using it to wax up a swivel joint on his chair and asked me what it was, and i said hair wax, it caused a right mess in the sink once and it took half hour to clean it up, then he hid it from me haha, ive got it back but cant be arsed with the hassle of it, its just over the top, but he snapped the chair last week and the wax is still plugged in, he loves the stuff.

Edit: If you do use dax dont use the stuff in the red tin, go for the lighter version, or the cream, its a good product overall.

Nix

Nix

Soldato
Dax is pure oil, don't use it unless you want a shiney forehead and a year in the shower to get it out.

If you want something that works, try a little combo: I usually use the green Brylcreem 'strong wax' and a bit of V05 Extreme Style Rework Fibre Putty to get my hair how I want when it's about 4-5cm long. Fudge is best <4cm and when my hair gets long and needs a tiny tidy I use: Fish Cream/Wax, Style and Protector (Navy Blue Tub).

Nix

Nix

Soldato
Carl said:
Go to boots, go to the mens section, then pick this up.

300.jpg

You wont regret it, ive used endless hair products and love this one. Smells ace to.

What's it smell like? The Fish Style & Protector (The navy blue one) is great for my hair when it gets long, cos it isn't too greasy. It smells like coconut and it's lovely. I may have to try the other stuff for shorter hair though, only problem is that Fish can be quite expensive.

Back
Top Bottom