Half-Life 3 confirmed!

Not necessarily HL-3 but I kind of wish they'd do a sort of The Division style more open world version of the original game, with the full Black Mesa realised and functional as one map (sort of), where you could take different paths and characters through the events.

There are a very videos on YouTube where they attempt to sync up events from that game i.e. communication systems/computer logins:

Don't do this to me man.... :(

What will be crazy if it does come out is the huge amount of gamers that would have never heard of Half Life at all, it being released in 2004 there could be a massive resurgence in young gamers! Don't know how they'd get through the hoverboat level of HL2 with the state of attention spans these days though :p

If HL3 ever released i wonder if it could possibly even deliver a majority positive response. It'll be new gamers vs old gamers vision. The game would just need to be sold at a loss i expect.

I only played HL2 for the first time a few years ago. I saw the charm in it and enjoyed it, but the second half didn't have the enjoyment of the first half by miles.

Actually i will add, i felt nostalgic when playing it as it felt like the games i liked from that era.

Don't do this to me man.... :(

What will be crazy if it does come out is the huge amount of gamers that would have never heard of Half Life at all, it being released in 2004 there could be a massive resurgence in young gamers! Don't know how they'd get through the hoverboat level of HL2 with the state of attention spans these days though :p

Same reason I struggled. Cold sweats and ready to vomit. That was not a nice level to experience. There are some games I stay away from that has horrid FOV, bobbing and motion.

Same reason I struggled. Cold sweats and ready to vomit. That was not a nice level to experience. There are some games I stay away from that has horrid FOV, bobbing and motion.

This thread is making me want to play it through again, may start this weekend and I really can only remember that level and the beach one with the Antlions!

Can't remember Ep1 or 2 at all!

There’s little doubt in my mind that if made, HL3 would be fantastic. You only have to look at Half-Life Alyx to see how they consistently still knock it out of the park with leading the industry.

This thread is making me want to play it through again, may start this weekend and I really can only remember that level and the beach one with the Antlions!

When I played that level, within 45 minutes of the entire game that I remember back then, the feeling of about to pass out from it was horrendous. This was back on a CRT. It took 3 hours to recover from it, it was that awful and still not feeling fully recovered but better. It was one of the reasons I never completed it. Cold sweats from certain games is awful.

Looks like I wasn't alone.

"Half Life 2 makes me want to die, I feel so ill. I think it's to do with the 'tunnel vision'- it doesn't provide such a broad view, compared to other games. Also, I have a strange reaction to coloured tints in games, for example, in Mario Galaxy when the screen is tinted purple for the purple coin challenge I found it unbearable. This also applied to fallout 3 with Green tint (tho a mod removes that), so it could be that."

"I loved Half Life 2 but I also experienced this. Two hours would pass and I just could not play anymore so I'd save and come back later. I've yet to experience a game since then that made me feel that way."

2004 https://www.techspot.com/community/topics/half-life-2-makes-you-sick.17052/

with HL2 VR just releasing I am preparing to back to ravenholme. just need Amazon to deliver my new big boy pants (and spare set) ;)

I am not holding my breath .... I do think if valve are not going to release it perhaps they could give the IP over to the guys who made black Mesa if they are up for it.

but IF it were gonna come, 2024 will be the 20 year birthday of HL2 and that would be a fitting release date.

Back
Top Bottom