Half-Life: Alyx

Don
I got a bit tingly watching the trailer... especially that last shot...

My VR PC hasn't had an upgrade since the Vive was released. This might be the game that pushes me into an upgrade

Associate
12GB of RAM required as a minimum!!!

Was on the fence as to upgrade or not over christmas but this forces my hand in a good way :)

Would love to see the pre-order numbers for this.

Soldato
What do I need to buy to play this properly without the room for a full setup? I have no idea about VR!

I suppose no one knows yet but it seems odd that you can use a cheap Windows MR or a grands worth of Index what's the difference in experience going to be!?

Soldato
Best VR for this?

Money no object? Valve Index. Otherwise Rift S.

What do I need to buy to play this properly without the room for a full setup? I have no idea about VR!

The Oculus Rift S or Quest use inside-out tracking and so don't need room sensors. The Rift S is designed solely for PC gaming. The Quest was originally designed for mobile gaming but can now link to a PC, so there is some crossover.

Windows MR reality varies a lot between the various headsets, however tracking is poor on all of them and so not great for gaming.

Soldato
Money no object? Valve Index. Otherwise Rift S.

The Oculus Rift S or Quest use inside-out tracking and so don't need room sensors. The Rift S is designed solely for PC gaming. The Quest was originally designed for mobile gaming but can now link to a PC, so there is some crossover.

Windows MR reality varies a lot between the various headsets, however tracking is poor on all of them and so not great for gaming.

Thanks, so on the Steam page for Alyx it states Oculus Rift specifically, this is where it gets confusing because I assume the Rift and Rift S are two different models

Back
Top Bottom