• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Halo Infinite GPU Performance

Soldato
OP doesn't seem correct to me at all.
On an 3080 Amp Holoblack/5800X/32GB RAM i'm getting consistent 75+ FPS at 4k with everything ultra or high.
Fantastic game all the same.

Associate
OP doesn't seem correct to me at all.
On an 3080 Amp Holoblack/5800X/32GB RAM i'm getting consistent 75+ FPS at 4k with everything ultra or high.
You have dynamic res (minimum fps) off and are at the open world section of the game? The start of the game runs decent.
OP performance seems spot on for me if you run at native/max settings.

Soldato
Just checked and i had minimum FPS set at 72, i’ve now set it to off and FPS is a consistent 56-60.
So yes, it seems the OP was correct.
I don’t profess to understand all the settings :confused:

Just to add, I’ve just finished “the tower”, so yes open world.

Last edited:
Caporegime
As mentioned earlier, perf. seems fine to me too and this is in the open world (undervolted 5600x, 32GB 3200MHz CL16 RAM, 3080 .825@1815), there are dips to 60 fps every now and then (with groups of enemies) but nothing shocking and very rare, everything ultra @3440x1440 and animations are set to "max", min fps etc. is off.

tiGtSfD.jpg

DTU2FrO.jpg

rCgmZ9Y.jpg

sKzWT7O.jpg

So would say those 2560x1440p are defo off.

At 4k, fps is around 50-60, which lines up with the OP.

HDR seems a bit **** in this, almost like "fake" hdr i.e. over brightened SDR.

Wish gamepass/microsoft would allow a true fullscreen too, no doubt losing some perf. from being limited to borderless full screen setting.

Permabanned
Nvidia starting to fall behind uh?
they just don't care anymore, since they already make huge money from miners. no more precious "driver codepaths" that allow more performance out of their "stupid" gimmick business-grade architectures (ampere, kepler, the list goes on). the gpus they sell are simply not meant for gaming, and they always get away with such special optimizations. once those optimizations are out of way, we see the true actual untouched performance of Ampere in gaming workloads...

just like how equivalent GCN AMD GPUs destroy the Kepler GPUs in many games now. same stuff is happening, but for some specific reason.

also, clearly there's a huge dispute between microsoft and nvidia. microsoft intentionally and deliberately stops developers of halo/forza from including DLSS/Nvidia features on their games. there's a clear pattern here, both do not like each other.

nvidia kind of wants to punish microsoft by not providing codepaths for their games, so that nvidia gpu users would be gruntled against microsoft (since majority of the said users have no idea that their puny weak GPU relies on specialized nvidia drivers to get their actual marketed performance). i can already see this kind of protests in forums, where most people think its playgorund games' and 343's mistake for not optimizing the game for nvidia.

no, nvidia is the one that optimizes the drivers. they're ones who keep reitarting and recreating gpu architectures from the ground. no developer have to suit their games into 4-5 different weird nvidia architectures. it is nvidia's task, since they themselves went this way. they should've iterate on a single, baseline architecture just like how AMD did for GCN and keep doing for RDNA

Last edited:
Soldato
Went to load up the campaign this morning and nothing, i can't continue where i left off or load a game.
Looking online, it seems a common problem.
I can however start a new game, but as i'm several hours in, theres no way i'm starting from scratch again :mad:

Caporegime
Just putting up some videos to YouTube of Halo 4K max settings multiplayer and campaign.

Game runs very well, Multiplayer is 80-105 FPS (average seems to be around 90-95 ish) and campaign is similar, but a bit higher min and average FPS.

There's a HD Texture pack too which I have installed, though I am not sure if others have that installed. It seems to cost around 10FPS or so with it installed.

I prefer Call of Duty Vanguard. :p

Last edited:
Caporegime
Nvidia user in bad loser shocker.

AMD user in denial, shocker!

Not see several others reporting the same nor my screenshots showing 21.9 3440x1440 FPS? Which you should know is quite a bit more demanding than 16.9 2560x1440.

And as I said, my 4k results do match up with the OP 4k results.....

Caporegime
Big oof @gpuerrilla

3080 user on the YouTubes claiming that he's getting FPS drops due to running out of video memory at 4K Max settings. :cry:

He was able to resolve it by lowering the resolution scaler to 85%. No idea if he installed the HD Texture pack or not.

Computational bullhorse! @dualsense1673

Caporegime
2 points about that video:

1. why has he got vsync on? (it should be of, especially if he is using gsync, in which case, vsync should only be turned on in the control panel as this is best for input latency)
2. why has he got min and max frame settings there? I have mine turned off and unlocked

I can't comment on the start of the game at 4k as played at 3440x1440 where fps was always 100+ but in the open world at 4k, fps is around 50-60, dialing back res with the slider doesn't help but lowering the other settings as per DF guide (I kept my res. scale at 100%) did help.

*watch as certain people engage fingers in ears time* now ;) :cry:

Caporegime
Very strange, that a 3080 is running out of video memory even at 4k, as the textures are nothing special inc hd texture pack.

They're not "amazing" i.e. FC with its HD texture pack looks better but there is a lot of little detail to the textures, which are rather nice. DF did a good video show casing some of these things.

Back
Top Bottom