• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Halo Infinite GPU Performance

Caporegime
3090 managed to be closer on this game to AMD gpus than i inicially expected it to be, performance looks abysmal on all cards specially coming of highly optimised games like Doom Eternal.
It's really not, have a look at the videos I posted it's nigh on 100 FPS at 4K max settings in multiplayer and even higher in the campaign.

I'm not sure what was tested, but looks to be a worst case scenario from what I have seen.

EDIT

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
shut-up-not-listening.gif

Associate
The game was supposed to be finished ages ago but there were issues with the development house and contract workers, so I’m not surprised at the performance.

Runs fine on my system, but doesn’t look good enough to justify those fps numbers.

Caporegime
It just depends on which section the benchmarks are done. Indoor sections perf is great where as in the open world, perf. is considerably worse, that and fps drops for no particular reason as pointed out by all the sites.

The graphics definitely aren't worthy of the performance, at least when compared to other open world games which have more going on and look better as well as ray tracing in some.

Caporegime
Strange how different sites are getting different results for this (and NV user experience is telling us perf is higher than anticipated).
Hardware unboxed (HUB), just like techpowerup (TPU), disable Smart Access Memory (SAM).
SAM adds 10-20% performance in this game from my testing.

I'm not sure why they choose to disable it when it is enabled by default and they use Ryzen processors.
kETr2v0.png

SAM has been disabled for HUB since their first 6800 XT /6900 XT reviews, TPU the same. That affects all their results for every graphics card review and game benchmark they do. Something to remember when you look at their results but this is often overlooked.

Meanwhile, the following sites have RDNA2 ahead in Halo and they test the same open world demanding areas online (like HUB) which represent a worst case scenario. They are using the Steam version of the game according to the testing notes.
  1. Sweclockers
  2. PCGamesHardware
  3. Computerbase
  4. Kitguru
It is not clear if Kitguru used ReBar, but the others had SAM/ReBar enabled as there is no logical reason to disable it for AMD graphics cards.

6wPaGPE.png

Eav91NK.png

ri165WC.png

PqZorNo.png

Last edited:
Associate
Hardware unboxed (HUB), just like techpowerup (TPU), disable Smart Access Memory (SAM).
SAM adds 10-20% performance in this game from my testing.

I'm not sure why they choose to disable it when it is enabled by default and they use Ryzen processors.
kETr2v0.png

SAM has been disabled for HUB since their first 6800 XT /6900 XT reviews, TPU the same. That affects all their results for every graphics card review and game benchmark they do. Something to remember when you look at their results but this is often overlooked.

Meanwhile, the following sites have RDNA2 ahead in Halo and they test the same open world demanding areas online (like HUB) which represent a worst case scenario. They are using the Steam version of the game according to the testing notes.
  1. Sweclockers
  2. PCGamesHardware
  3. Computerbase
  4. Kitguru
It is not clear if Kitguru used ReBar, but the others had SAM/ReBar enabled as there is no logical reason to disable it for AMD graphics cards.

6wPaGPE.png

Eav91NK.png

ri165WC.png

PqZorNo.png

But its ok to turn off ray tracing when it suits your agenda. Can you tell me, if you don't work for AMD then why are you such a fanboy and what have Nvidia done that you won't consider having one of their cards. I've had Intel/Amd/Nvidia hardware over the years and have no loyalty to any of them, I buy whats best for me at the time. So at the moment its a Amd/Nvidia system but could change next time I upgrade.

Last edited:
Associate
Hub have said that they are doing a follow up looking at SAM performance in halo. And that they were seeing about 15% performance increase on the high end AMD cards

Back
Top Bottom