Poll: Hand-me-downs

Do you often wear hand-me-down clothes?

• Total voters
My ex runs a shop that takes in designer gear and resells it.

It's astounding how many people get rid of stuff that is nearly new, sometimes even still tagged.

Last week I picked up a still tagged Nike tracksuit top for the gym, a nearly new Lyle and Scott retro tracksuit top for wearing out football hooligan style to watch the Euros, a nearly new Aquascutum polo shirt for work and a brand new Reiss short sleeved shirt, all for £70.

It saves resources for the green movement, but more importantly saved me a load of money.
What is aquascrotum and why are you surprised it is in a charity shop?

It sounds like some of these yes votes don't really fit in with what I was talking about. For example, voting yes because you get some golf gear from your dad is a bit different from voting yes because most of your everyday clothes are hand-me-downs.

Last edited:
I'm retired, was a welder/ fabricator, so most of my workwear was full of holes from welding/ grinding sparks.
My brother in law, even my son would give me good condition well known branded tops, sweatshirts t-shirts, even trackies and jackets, i was glad of them always.

Over the years I have got fit and lost weight. Now I can wear hand-me-down's off my son. I'm 54 and he is now 17. He's a big guy (not fat but just big). I wouldn't mess with him kind of big. I get to wear all of his clothes he no longer gets into. He just wont stop growing. Not sure why he's so big as I am 5ft 10 and my other half is even smaller. (is he really mine?);)

I inherited some stuff when my dad passed. Currently wearing a shirt that was his, in fact. But I also regularly wear coats that were his, suits, fleeces and the like in winter.

Last edited:
!Exciting (Exiting?) thread alert!

On the back of another thread and being told I live in a bubble on this. Can we have a poll on this?

As an adult ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), do you often wear hand-me-down clothes from, say, a parent or sibling (I'm not talking about a single item that was passed down years ago, more like the majority of the clothes you wear are hand-me-downs)?

1. Yes
2. No
3. Pancake
Wouldn't it be exciting threads? ;)

Reactions: JRS
I don't wear hand-me-downs... But I will wear clothes and shoes into the ground. If they're still 20% functional, they're good to go :cry:

My last shoes didn't get replaced until the whole bottom had ripped off over half way and it got annoying catching on the floor. Probably slightly dangerous too with the car pedals... :rolleyes:

I will wear clothes given to me but not many in the family my size but i don't like things like t-shirts with a big Jack Wills logo on or anything style over function, so i will gratefully accept then and take to cancer research, keeping the blue plain t-shirts as that's my thing

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom