Hanns-G HW191D Thread (Now £107.95 @ OcUK)

Associate
I ordered one of these based on the excellent reviews in this thread.

Didnt get a DVI Cable with it but didnt expect one...but the main thing was there are no dead pixels!

The only thing whcih is annoying me is that I set up the monitor using Adobe Gamma, but when I reset my machine it seems to forget the settings and my monitor is too bright once again.

Does anyone have any recommended settings for this monitor?

Soldato
Sober said:
I ordered one of these based on the excellent reviews in this thread.

Didnt get a DVI Cable with it but didnt expect one...but the main thing was there are no dead pixels!

The only thing whcih is annoying me is that I set up the monitor using Adobe Gamma, but when I reset my machine it seems to forget the settings and my monitor is too bright once again.

Does anyone have any recommended settings for this monitor?

I tried it with a DVI and a VGA and couldn't see ANY difference.

Even better, I now run it through a Belkin KVM switch and that made no difference either!! :)

EDIT: OOPS! Ignore - I misread the post... I'm takling about my Hyundai!! Soz!

Last edited:
Underboss
Cyber-Mav said:
why buy a widescreen monitor when your going to end up viewing 4:3 content with black bars down the sides? :confused:

you havent read this thread at all!

ive just read it all

they are saying that on THIS monitor, the games will STRETCH as u can not switch the monitor to 1:1 ratio, but it doesent look as bad as you think

BUT a lot of games, and future games support WideScreen, so u should get one over a 4:3

Underboss
Gibbo said:
My goal is to get the Hanns-G 19" to a £99+VAT price point but I am still twisting peoples arms at Hanns-G to allow me to do this. Give it another 6 weeks or so and I think I might manage it, though there is rumours of panel prices increasing, so maybe now is the time to buy just in case. :)

looks like you have done it already! :D

£97.99 + VAT

Caporegime
is there any difference between the HW191, HW191D and HW191DP as depending on where you look the name changes. the Hanns-G site only has the HW191DP code on there, but i was wondering if there is any difference to that and the HW191D OcUK stock?

Cheers

Caporegime
yeah, im goign to. from what i can tell by looking at the different regions of the hanns g website we get a bit of a bum deal in the UK with only the HW191D available to Europe. America gets a black one, a 2ms response time one, and some other one that i cant tell the different with, and there global site shows a black 191D and a silver 191D. so from this i gather the only one available to use is the 191D, and the other codes are for different countries versions.

Shame, black one would look very nice, but hey, we cant have it all ways!

Caporegime
WOW!

just got my monitor this eveing, im in love! it is SOOOOOOO nice. Ive gone from a cheap £15 cruddy second hand CRT that wouldnt go abouve 60Htz, interfeered with my tv, and was generally garbage!

If anyone is considering this, get one, they are great!

Associate
I got an HX191D shortly after christmas, and while I mostly love it, the image has always had a slight yellowy tinge that I have never been able to get rid off. White never looks daz white :(

Anyone else had this problem and found a way round it?

Soldato
Hi all, wanting to connect this monitor to my 360, what res should I set the 360 with this monitor?

I don't have a 360 but i'm guessing it does 1280x768 or 1280x720? One of those would be the best you could get on the Hanns G. Just try and use the highest res that will fit on the monitor.

Back
Top Bottom