Hanns-G HW191D Thread (Now £107.95 @ OcUK)

Soldato
Hanns G HW191D :)

I got one of these at lunchtime and nipped home to set it up.

Installation was a breeze although the auto adjust set the brightness at 100%.

I'll play about with nvidia's cp tonight to get everything just right I had a 10 minute run around in world of warcraft and it's just amazing having the extra width is well worth it. looks great on my desk as well loads of room for other things and I can finally see my speakers again :D

Also want to say the shop was trying to sell me DVI-D cable for 30€ don't know if that's a rip-off or not but they set up the screen in shop and let me have a good look for dead/stuck pixels I couldn't see any and i'm not goona test it if I can't see them that's good enough for me.

Haven't tried DVD play back as i'm still running VGA (until I can find a cheap DVI-D cable.)

Last edited:
Associate
is it just mine, or are the screen stand not very stable,

everytime i type into the keyboard, the monitor shakes side to side...very annoying.

what could be the problem, the desk??

Associate
My stand is solid, are you sure it is docked properly would probably take a minor earthquake to make my monitor wobble..Could be the desk but i would just make sure it,s positioned correctly first.

Associate
If you poke my double glazed windows hard enough they will wobble ;) ..But to be serious the monitor has a very good screen,and is very good for the money as for poking the screen i wouldn,t advise poking any tft screen ;) ..

Caporegime
BloodWolf said:
Can someone explain what "ghosting" is to a noob? :D

If the response time of a monitor is too low remnants of the previous frame can be seen when the new frame is drawn on the monitor. This leads to a blur effect seen on moving objects.

Associate
Hi :)

I am interested in purchasing one of these monitors however I am a bit concerned about the number of people who are complaining about dead/lazy pixels.

Is it possible to return this model should it arrive with or develop one or more dead/lazy pixels?

I already have the Hanns-G 19" HC194D monitor which is great. It does however have one lazy pixel at the top of the screen which rears its ugly head every so often, however it doesn't take me long to "massage" it back to a working pixel again.

Thanks!

Soldato
maxl said:
Hi :)

I am interested in purchasing one of these monitors however I am a bit concerned about the number of people who are complaining about dead/lazy pixels.

Is it possible to return this model should it arrive with or develop one or more dead/lazy pixels?

I already have the Hanns-G 19" HC194D monitor which is great. It does however have one lazy pixel at the top of the screen which rears its ugly head every so often, however it doesn't take me long to "massage" it back to a working pixel again.

Thanks!
very few monitors have a 0 dead pixle policy on them, and they are all ££££
my Hanns-G arrived with 0 dead/lazy pixles as far as I can tell. yours may too, but you cannot return it for one pixel (you may not notice one either) theres just as much chance of there being a lazy/dead pixel on any other TFT at this price bracket

Permabanned
Minstadave said:
If the response time of a monitor is too low remnants of the previous frame can be seen when the new frame is drawn on the monitor. This leads to a blur effect seen on moving objects.
So it'll look like when you get flashed in CSS?

Back
Top Bottom