Hannspree HG324QJB 32" 1440p 144hz Adaptive Sync

Associate
Only with certain colours (deep red and black) on dark grey backgrounds.

There is huge ghosting with everything if you turn on Ultra Fast Response Time in the monitor options though.

I shall try to give you an example of what it's like on Advanced Response Time here:

EWmX6Rg.png

The LCD response time (or lack thereof) is enhanced by the fact that it's a horrible mobile phone shot (refresh rate discrepancies etc). I'd like to draw your attention to the darker tone of the blur of the red gem in the middle as I drag the box from side to side and at the bottom of the yellow gem on the right. That's what is most noticeable when you have it in front of you. LCDs are always horrible when there's no decent ULMB or lightboost implementation but I think VA panels have this weakness on dark grey backgrounds.

Edit: Now take a look at """"Ultra Fast"""" Response Time mode (multiple quotation marks used for maximum sarcastic / facetious emphasis):

2RZB0q0.png

Last edited:
Associate
Only with certain colours (deep red and black) on dark grey backgrounds.

There is huge ghosting with everything if you turn on Ultra Fast Response Time in the monitor options though.

I shall try to give you an example of what it's like on Advanced Response Time here:

Thanks for your reply!
Does it affect you in gaming?
I bought a new curved one, 1440p VA + 144hz recently and the ghosting really hurts my eyes and I just cant focus in the game.

Also this is my old BenQ XL2730Z UFO test video, it is a TN so the ghosting is minimal, I just want to compare it with this Hannspree one.

If you have a minute would you mind to do the same?
https://www.testufo.com/ghosting
I really appreciate it!!!!

Associate
Sorry to say the UFO test doesn't look great especially on the top dark background. There's a big dark trail behind it. It'll probably be about the same as your previous VA. You'll need one with backlight strobing if you want improved motion clarity and even then you might be sensitive to the flickering that produces.

Here's two videos; one stationary and one with sweeping shots to give you an idea of what it's like. Don't give yourself a headache though. :p

Stationary:

Sweeping shots:

Oh yeah, I've got 120Hz set because I was getting stuttering in general windows use with 144Hz active but the difference between 120 - 144Hz doesn't seem to affect the blurriness or length of the trails.

Last edited:
Associate
Just unboxed mine few hours ago. Specs + size + price attracted me a lot and made me buy it to replace an Acer g246hl.

First impression was negative, plugged a gtx 1070 through DP and got lines with some artifacts like the ones we see when overclocking a gpu, but in shape of straight lines in different areas of the screen. Played a bit with settings and no change. I didn't try to invert the cable neither other DP in the gtx. Changed resolution and refresh rate, nothing as well. Started to getting worried. Changed to HDMI and they disappeared. I HOPE, was a cable problem, cause I've organised cables and is looking very nice in my desk. I just hate the harsh of doing rma/return.

Gonna try these settings of the Italian site to see if I notice any improvement.

Overall I think I'm happy besides the fact I bought it thinking (****** advertises it as IPS) was a IPS, but some places say it's VA and the data sheet says TFT –LED Backlight, SPVA Type Panel.

Confused.

OcUK Staff
Just unboxed mine few hours ago. Specs + size + price attracted me a lot and made me buy it to replace an Acer g246hl.

First impression was negative, plugged a gtx 1070 through DP and got lines with some artifacts like the ones we see when overclocking a gpu, but in shape of straight lines in different areas of the screen. Played a bit with settings and no change. I didn't try to invert the cable neither other DP in the gtx. Changed resolution and refresh rate, nothing as well. Started to getting worried. Changed to HDMI and they disappeared. I HOPE, was a cable problem, cause I've organised cables and is looking very nice in my desk. I just hate the harsh of doing rma/return.

Gonna try these settings of the Italian site to see if I notice any improvement.

Overall I think I'm happy besides the fact I bought it thinking (****** advertises it as IPS) was a IPS, but some places say it's VA and the data sheet says TFT –LED Backlight, SPVA Type Panel.

Confused.

Its a VA panel, SPVA to be exact.

Associate
Sorry to say the UFO test doesn't look great especially on the top dark background. There's a big dark trail behind it. It'll probably be about the same as your previous VA. You'll need one with backlight strobing if you want improved motion clarity and even then you might be sensitive to the flickering that produces.

Here's two videos; one stationary and one with sweeping shots to give you an idea of what it's like. Don't give yourself a headache though. :p

Stationary:

Sweeping shots:

Oh yeah, I've got 120Hz set because I was getting stuttering in general windows use with 144Hz active but the difference between 120 - 144Hz doesn't seem to affect the blurriness or length of the trails.

Thanks for the video, it is super helpful!!
The result is very similar to the VA I got, have a trail behind the UFOs...
Unfortunately there will never be a TN curved screen, hopefully there will be a good screen with very little ghosting.

Soldato
Oooooh, it's landed and it's a beast! :)

Looks great on my desk and I literally whispered "Wow!" out loud when my desktop first appeared on screen!

Looking forward to having a play with the various settings tonight!

No Haribo in the box tho! ;)

Soldato
You enable freesync in AMD settings. Click display and it should be there. Mine was enabled automatically.

yeah, mine was enabled in the AMD settings.

Oooooh, it's landed and it's a beast! :)

Looks great on my desk and I literally whispered "Wow!" out loud when my desktop first appeared on screen!

Looking forward to having a play with the various settings tonight!

No Haribo in the box tho! ;)

Its a beast of a monitor a Stevie! What you gonna be rocking on it, game wise??

Soldato
Its a beast of a monitor a Stevie! What you gonna be rocking on it, game wise??

Had a very quick blast on Dirt Rally when I first hooked it up but am looking forward to trying Elite Dangerous and The Division tonight!

Really looking forward to enjoying the full bells and whistles when my new Vega 56 eventually lands tho!

Associate
Any feedback guys? I've applied the icm profile from the last page but I think I did not notice any difference, tweaked a bit here and there but ended up using the view mode game fps1..

Associate
Any feedback guys? I've applied the icm profile from the last page but I think I did not notice any difference, tweaked a bit here and there but ended up using the view mode game fps1..

Here's my settings:
contrast: 50 (default I think)
brightness: 60

Standard View mode
Low input lag: on (default)
Black Stabilization: 50 offers the best compromise which is handy 'cos it's the default.
Advanced Contrast: 0 (default)
Blue Light Filter: 0 (default)
Response Time: Normal or Advanced (massive ghosting on text movement with Ultra Fast).

Color Temperature: User Color
Red: 91
Green: 90
Blue: 100

OSD Timeout: 30 (!!)
RampageX: Off :)

I had to study a range of "skin tones" to calibrate it by eye. ;)
Remove all prior colour profiles or it'll fudge with my recommendation.

Also play with the Blue Light Filter if you find the image to be too cold still.

Associate
Remove all prior colour profiles or it'll fudge with my recommendation.

Also play with the Blue Light Filter if you find the image to be too cold still.

I was using these settings! but it was bit too dark for me..

One question.. I've been playing with vsync and stuff, and as I have a nvidia card, I won't be taking anything from the freesync, fine. But then there is this adaptive sync which is ON in the monitor menu settings. At the nvidia settings I did set adaptive as well. Is that alright?

Thanks!

Associate
Yeah, the Nvidia card won't be 'interfacing' with the monitor with regard to a hardware async mode unless it has a Gsync chip. So setting adaptive in the NVidia control panel will do whatever software driver solution has been implemented with that setting, and the Hannspree setting on the monitor will do nothing regardless of on or off.

I was using these settings! but it was bit too dark for me..
Oh yeah, my monitor is really close to my face because it won't fit between my speaker stands otherwise, so you might want to turn the brightness up if it's sitting a 'normal' distance away.

Soldato
I've gone from 1440p on a 27" screen to the 32" Hannspree and I have to say I love it!

You could argue that the picture is a little "softer" but thats to be expected and in my eyes it's absolutely fine and I've got used to it already!

Back
Top Bottom