Happy St George's Day

Associate
How do you have a Happy St Georges Day? Shall I skip down the street thinking happy thoughts about killing dragons?

Itv just about sums up this non day by showing the Bayen Munich Barcelona match tonight.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's St George's Day for England not Britain :rolleyes:

To be fair the whole thing is so low key I didn't realise it was here until I saw his thread. Personally I think there's nothing wrong with being proud of your nation, your heritage and all that but for some reason in England it's construed as a bad thing. Wales, Ireland and Scotksnd its lauded, strange and sad.

Soldato
Real Englishmen do not exclaim their patriotism. 'Tis a quiet thing, like the stirring of a tea cup or the stiffening of an upper lip. Noisy self-love is best left to other nations and live-alone onanists.

Permabanned
It's St George's Day for England not Britain :rolleyes:

And Canada, Croatia, Cyprus, Greece, Georgia, Serbia, Bulgaria, Romania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, and the Republic of Macedonia.

'El Khader' is widely celebrated. It's not St George's Day for England, it's St George's Day for St George.

To be fair the whole thing is so low key I didn't realise it was here until I saw his thread. Personally I think there's nothing wrong with being proud of your nation, your heritage and all that but for some reason in England it's construed as a bad thing. Wales, Ireland and Scotksnd its lauded, strange and sad.

Not at all. I agree, the problem is it's heavily criticised in the other nations equally at the same time. This country doesn't know how to view itself.

Permabanned
Real Englishmen do not exclaim their patriotism. 'Tis a quiet thing, like the stirring of a tea cup or the stiffening of an upper lip. Noisy self-love is best left to other nations and live-alone onanists.

That's a gentlemanly way of saying 'answers on the back of a postcard please'..

Soldato
Not at all. I agree, the problem is it's heavily criticised in the other nations equally at the same time. This country doesn't know how to view itself.

I agree with this whole heartedly and it's a shame.

I'm not pretending to know the answer but being ashamed or embarrased of being part of the country, when most of the rest of the world love it (IMO from speaking to people on my travels.)

Associate
Lol!!!
*sigh* pretty much my Facebook "news" feed this morning.

Jesus Christ ! you use Facebook ? what a geek. Get a life fella.

I quite liked that particular Picture, I shoot an English Longbow and it Tied in with the look of that period more than the standard white background/ red cross :)

Associate
More to do with the principle of the fact that you were wearing a make-shift cape.
Hardly make-shift, the eyelets work could have been designed for this purpose, fastened with the ends of my scouting neckerchief. Complete the look with a purple bow tie, 3d glasses and a a sad gap where the bunny ears should have been :( and you have the height of fashion. Perfectly normal.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom