Hard wired internet access gone

Associate
Thanks bledd, don't we all love free.

This is with the wireless USB removed, The RJ5 feeds directly from VMs Superhub3 to the rear of the PC, no other devices are used

https://imgur.com/R0OzgJ6

https://imgur.com/cCj1doh

That second image looks like there are no network devices installed which would suggest that perhaps the onboard network is disabled in the BIOS or just drivers missing?

/edit - or just fully broken and therefore not likely to show up!

Associate
OP
That second image looks like there are no network devices installed which would suggest that perhaps the onboard network is disabled in the BIOS or just drivers missing?

/edit - or just fully broken and therefore not likely to show up!

Re the second IMG I couldn't agree more, however onboard networks are enabled in BIOS
All of the Mobo devices are installed Via the Gigabyte disk which supplied with the PC, I must have formatted & reinstalled Windows of various flavours in the past 1000s of times without issues.

I'm in the opinion the problem is related to the very recent swap over of components into the new Fractal R4 case. :(

Soldato
So it's possible that you've either damaged something during the move, or that there's an issue with the new case such as a short.

I'd pull the board out and run it on the bench to check.

Associate
OP
So it's possible that you've either damaged something during the move, or that there's an issue with the new case such as a short.

I'd pull the board out and run it on the bench to check.

I'm thinking in a similar vein, I'd guess it more likely to be the former, rather than the latter.

I'm going to take your advice & pull it to bits & start over again

Many thanks all for your time & efforts.

Soldato
1. Have you enabled Hidden Devices on Device Manager?
2. Does the NIC LEDs light up when you connect the ethernet cable to mobo?

If not can only assume NIC is dead or faulty since the case move.

Only sensible option is to stick with wifi or buy a PCI-E network adapter?

Associate
When this happened to me it ended up being the socket on my motherboard. Had to buy a new ethernet adaptor.

Associate
OP
1. Have you enabled Hidden Devices on Device Manager?
2. Does the NIC LEDs light up when you connect the ethernet cable to mobo?

If not can only assume NIC is dead or faulty since the case move.

Only sensible option is to stick with wifi or buy a PCI-E network adapter?

1 I hadn't but have now, Network devices are shown, however reloading the drivers still fail to make the LAN work.

2 No lights are visible when connecting the cable. The adaptor IMHO is R.I.P

Once again. Many thanks for the reply's

Soldato
When you show hidden devices, can you right click and "uninstall device" then "scan for hardware changes" and see if it reinstalls? Tbh if NIC doesn't show LED when connected up, likely fried port maybe.

As bledd mentioned useful if can screenshot the device, is it showing the NIC and details etc? Must detect it somehow to show it. So it isn't completely dead, possibly just the port itself faulty/damaged.

You'll prob need to buy a new PCI-E network adapter.

Back
Top Bottom