Hardware Installation Guide! :D

Soldato
Hiyahh!!

I didnt know if this would be of use to people on here, i know lots are fine at all this stuff, but might be useful to newer members :) So today i took pictures of everything i done whilst...

Installing all my components in a new case!

Might not be the best way to do it, but it works for me! hehe! Again, sure someone might find it helpful!

Basically my dad (awww lol) got me a new case yesterday, no reason really! lol! Its a Jeantec Phong II, nothing big and special (not a coolermaster or likewise), i dont have too much space anyway and dust is a big issue! So new case for nothing, who am i to complain! I like it :)

So again, i just took pictures of everything i done! Enjoy!

New case, nice clean and a bit more space :)
DSC00550.JPG

Rear 120mm
DSC00551.JPG

Soldato
OP
Old case, with everything in it! (yuk)
DSC00555.JPG

Things that came with new case! :)
DSC00556.JPG

Most components out of old case, cleaned with a brush (bristles work awesome for dust) and a duster lol (oh and me blowing on them)
DSC00557.JPG

Motherboard after cleaning, have set up new case for ATX motherboard and installed the backing plate! now ready to drop in!
DSC00560.JPG

Soldato
OP
Put in the hard drives, floppy and cdrom drive (had to pull the front case off) :) Also done the cpu cooler (with thermal paste), including the power for its fan. Set up the cases usb cables. AND kept all cables nice and tidy!
DSC00568.JPG

Set up the interface cables, SATA, IDE for CDrom, Floppy. Again kept it tidy! Also put in the RAM, as it was easy to get to :p
DSC00569.JPG

Installed all slot based cards, pci wireless card, pci audigty 2, pciexpress graphics. Still not connected power cables to the devices.
DSC00570.JPG

Soldato
OP
Gave everything power, HDDs, Floppy, CDROM, Motherboard Molex, motherboard 4pin and motherboard 24pin, and finally pcie for the graphics card. Oh and remember power to fans etc! Either on the motherboard or by molex!
DSC00571.JPG

All done, give it a quick check over :) Finally tidy any cables that need sorted!
DSC00572.JPG

Close up the case and admire your handywork!

Back
DSC00573.JPG

Soldato
OP
Up and running (in windows, insert disk etc depending on your setup!), hello vista! (if all goes smoothe!)
DSC00577.JPG

And that is it :)

Oh the thermal sensor i put next to the cpu does a fair good job, i know its not going to be spot on, i have seen it deviate from core temp, but right now both core temp and the sensor are saying my cpu is at 35C :p

Hope this is useful to some!

Craig!! :D

Associate
craig_kennedy83 said:
forever as i had to strip the old one and de-dust it all lol!! Maybe between 9:30 and 1ish today... lol!

Show off! It always takes me forever when messing inside my PC as I'm always so scared of busting something!

Soldato
OP
Tejstar said:
Show off! It always takes me forever when messing inside my PC as I'm always so scared of busting something!

lol! Me too... id consider that a fair while!

I love doing all of it... even the cpu! Only thing i dont like is finding a place to handle on cards... like the graphics card! Dont wanna touch anything dodgy lol!

Man of Honour
malc30 said:
You should have assembled the Mobo/Cpu & heatsink outside the case. Making applying the thermal paste & heatsink easier.

yes absolutely!!

Apart from the above, you should have thought about Anti-static precautions. I'm not sure assemblng a PC on a duvet is a great idea .. :p

I like the optional Doritos too. A must to combat high levels of stress!

but credit where cedits due.. great pictues and very well thought out. :)

I always endup cutting myself to shreads on the case!!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Admiral Huddy said:
yes absolutely!!

Apart from the above, you should have thought about Anti-static precautions. I'm not sure assemblng a PC on a duvet is a great idea .. :p

I like the optional Doritos too. A must to combat high levels of stress!

but credit where cedits due.. great pictues and very well thought out. :)

I always endup cutting myself to shreads on the case!!

Forgot to mention, to combat staticness my old case was hooked up to the power supply (off of course) which i proceded to touch very religiously, as im over cautious! :p

Duvet was ok, nothing static in that i dont think.... did consider the floor, but the paint is funny :| lol

Tis a box of Doritos, 12 x 200g... mmm lol

I usually do that too, no cuts this time!! god knows how i managed to stay intact this time! :p

Back
Top Bottom