Harmless fun or sexist bigotry?

Man of Honour
Potential genius move also, no bad publicity and all that!

You’re not wrong IMO, incidentally I copied and pasted the shot, and sent it to three of my female American friends, telling them of the minor furore that it had caused in U.K., and asked their opinions.
The one with whom I’d had a relationship, said, “Good commercial sense, only a man hater would complain.”
The other two, platonic friends of mine for years, both replied along the lines of, “Well Jean, if it’s gone, you’ll have to ogle something else!”, one even said, “I’ve known you for over 40 years, you’ve always been a poon hound!”
Can’t win!

Soldato
Haha brilliant, yup she definitely looks like she gets offended a lot:

Yup... She's never been Hot.. ever... bet there's a fan in that room somewhere.

Soldato
OP
Hang on.... Clearly I do not agree with her, or her attitude in general.... BUT TBH I do think plastering photos of her and ridiculing her is a step too far. Pretty mean to be honest imo and if anything gives weight to her argument intimating that men are bigoted pigs! :(

Soldato
OP
The as company skillfully weaved a tale of potential backlash, gaining the advert more publicity than it would naturally

IF that turned out to be true it would be marketing genius as it is clearly worked.

That said....... whilst the advert sticks in my mind, i still have not got a clue on the company name, chances are if i was the sort of person swayed by adverts like that i would go home and buy an air con unit from a cheapo rival from amazon rather than the people who funded the add

Soldato
Hang on.... Clearly I do not agree with her, or her attitude in general.... BUT TBH I do think plastering photos of her and ridiculing her is a step too far. Pretty mean to be honest imo and if anything gives weight to her argument intimating that men are bigoted pigs! :(

The behaviour of people online is indeed pathetic and cruel.

The advert helps spread the toxicity of it in its own toxic masculine way.

Man of Honour
Personally I would have had her dressed in basque, stockings and high heels for her to be hot.

As would I, but then we could legitimately be accused of “poking the bear”, i.e., winding up hurfdurf.

The behaviour of people online is indeed pathetic and cruel.
The advert helps spread the toxicity of it in its own toxic masculine way.

I don’t doubt that you mean well, but in this particular case, I think that you’re swimming against the tide.

Caporegime
Assumes people have a wife, disgusting bigotry and the advertiser should be in prison.
No no, you can't "have" a wife like the good prof said. "Having" implies ownership.

In 2019, you join a wife. Or you partner a wife. Or you collaborate a wife.

You don't have a wife. You racist.

Why is there a pregnant barbie on the PC behind her? Surely that's objectifying women as simply there to carry a mans child :mad:
Baby has two mommies and the sperm donor was a woman with a penis. Absolutely no men involved at all.

You're such a dinosaur if you think a woman needs a man to have a child in 2019.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom