Has quality control taken a hit at OCUK?

Associate
They were good when they did my build last month, few issues regarding waiting for parts and me changing my mind while waiting for said parts. The emails take a bit too long imo but that would be my only gripe. When I had an issue with my ram after I received it, they were quick to respond once I got in touch and help fix it.

Soldato
recently spent around 5.5k on a full build with Ocuk
bonkers!, I spent 3k on parts, and got my trusty local computer guy friend to build it in my own lounge for £40 inc a 4090, that was a squeeky bum moment getting the huge 4090 into my old case, let me tell you!

the white strix 670e-A f is only pcie4.0, maybe they thought, why isn't he getting the black 670e-A which is pcie5.0 for this kind of money, then backed that wise choice up with a black 4090 to match it, idk, maybe there is a 5.0 pcie m.2 in there as well!?
or maybe you ordered some things that were wrong, thinking you were ordering something else, did you order a white case, for example, or accidentally put a black one down, and they did the best they could with what you had ordered, then swapped in a black gpu to keep a decent colour scheme going..
i'm curious to know which 4090 they sent out to you too, and which one you ordered, was the given 4090 better than the one you chose too?
you have /had 2 weeks LDSR right to get your money back, has that expired?
sorry you are unsatisfied

Last edited:
Associate
Just to clarify, regs don't apply unless faulty for custom items. I'd imagine this is classed as custom so no return window for just not wanting it. Items missing/not the ones you ordered is a whole different thing though depending on the contract.

Soldato
I'd imagine this is classed as custom so no return window for just not wanting it
I don't think that he just doesn't want it, if it was not what he ordered, which is hard to say without seeing an order sheet, nor a comment from ocuuk, nor photos, if it's not what he ordered, then I would argue that it is faulty by default, they can't just send him anything, and say, well, it isn't broken, so no refund for you, surely, where is the buyer protection here?
this is a scandal, and very close to a scam! if everything is true
might as well just start sending out working calculators, instead of a full build, then say, it isn't broken mate, thanks for the money!

Last edited:
Associate
.. . Items missing/not the ones you ordered is a whole different thing though depending on the contract.
Hence this.

My clarification was that you can't just send anything back (not specifically this PC in question) under distance selling regs because you changed your mind. There are exceptions.

Last edited:
Associate
Last try.

The general understanding that you can send anything back because you changed your mind is incorrect in certain circumstances.

This does not apply to faulty, damaged, incorrect etc orders

Associate
bonkers!, I spent 3k on parts, and got my trusty local computer guy friend to build it in my own lounge for £40 inc a 4090, that was a squeeky bum moment getting the huge 4090 into my old case, let me tell you!

the white strix 670e-A f is only pcie4.0, maybe they thought, why isn't he getting the black 670e-A which is pcie5.0 for this kind of money, then backed that wise choice up with a black 4090 to match it, idk, maybe there is a 5.0 pcie m.2 in there as well!?
or maybe you ordered some things that were wrong, thinking you were ordering something else, did you order a white case, for example, or accidentally put a black one down, and they did the best they could with what you had ordered, then swapped in a black gpu to keep a decent colour scheme going..
i'm curious to know which 4090 they sent out to you too, and which one you ordered, was the given 4090 better than the one you chose too?
the x670e-a is pcie5 for gpu and for 2 of the nvme slots, just like the x670e-f which is basically the black version...it's the B650-a which is white that is all pcie4..for some reason this time round they didn't follow the same rules and make it the same as the black f version, which is pcie5 in the b650 model.. blooming confusing
Would love to know the parts, as a x670e-A build shouldn't be £5.5k, even with a white 4090
and how do you price up a build without knowing all the parts that are going in to it...you could ask for a black build wanting a X670E Meg godlike and get a B650 tomahawk...they're both black, but just a tad difference in price :cry:

Associate
With 8 posts, I'm not saying anything but this is probably a troll account(unless ocuk confirm otherwise) I mean if you spent 5.5k on a PC (!) It would surely be a priority order. Anyway I'm staying out of it. I don't want him buying my precious GT1030.

Associate
Yeah feels like someone just stirring the pot then running away. That's not to say I think OCUK is infallible, I'm sure they **** up plenty often.

Associate
OP
My apologies has been absolutely non stop at home (pc drama aside) so havnt had a chance to properly update. Thank you all for your input with the posts.

As of Saturday the pc was returned to me rectified of issues , from what I could understand there was a lapse in communication with the Email agent who was sorting the build and the team actually building it.

Graphics card requested/invoiced for originally was the strix oc 4090 (white) and an incorrect sku code resulted in me receiving the black version , same situation with the board, the agent input the wrong sku and didn't check the item after doing so and I got the carbon version of the board vs the grey/black. All that went to the build team and they just did what they were instructed unfortunately.

The fans are a bit of a mystery to even the Agent who helped me via the phone , some weren't added to the build at all (potentially because it was split into 3 invoices and 2 payments due to transaction limits) but they have also been corrected.

Summary the email system was a total headache to use and despite my clarity around what I was after interms of build asthetics being white that was emphasised since the first quote email , the agent unfortunately seems to have overlooked that and caused the errors.

Overclocker team admitted complete fault surrounding the matter after our conversation and going back over the emails. As a courtesy my motherboard got a bit of an upgrade free of charge from the grey/black 670 strix board to the Asrock taichi Carrara and they supplied/installed the replacement for the stock aio fans (lianli lcd tf) free of charge , the turn around was less than a week and definitely expedited by the phone agent who kept me updated with progress and such throughout the time they had it back (due to dpd the system went back on Wednesday and returned to me Saturday morning)

Now that it's here and a lot closer looking to what i had originally planned out , I'm very happy with it though will confess not being able to go full custom over the phone definitely made the process more delayed and a struggle than it needed to be. And to clarify a couple of other areas , I am not a bot , or trolling. Overclockers admitted fault and agreed to an immediate return of the system due to what I had pointed out as incorrect in my OP so there was no dramas surrounding getting it back. Yeah I spent pretty big, budget isn't really an issue and I havnt had a proper pc upgrade since my trusty 970 build so definitely spent extra in a couple of areas on asthetics and the white tax but I had researched what parts I wanted and probably racked up too many hours on YouTube watching builds that I already had a pretty solid idea of what the completed build should look like.

Associate
Although the mix up with the SKUs isn’t great, it’s impressive the speed in which the error was resolved when you contacted them.

Pleased to hear that all is good

Associate
OP
Although the mix up with the SKUs isn’t great, it’s impressive the speed in which the error was resolved when you contacted them.

Pleased to hear that all is good
I was prepared to give them a chance to sort it before flying off the walls or spamming negative reviews and I can't fault the phone agent at all , just made things a lot easier having a 5 minute exchange vs waiting 2 days for the emails

Associate
OP

I had asked for and been invoiced for the white 4090 strix OC 24gb but got the same card in black , According to OC it was an SKU error

Back
Top Bottom