Has quality control taken a hit at OCUK?

Soldato
Was unlikely the guy was trolling
Or a bot
Been a member since 2015
Long time to wait to post a troll post lol

Yeah 5.5 grands a lot of money
I could do myself a full watercooled build for that

But not everyone can/wants to build it themselves
And don't forget out of 5.5k
Approximately £350 straight away for the build cost
Then some is presumably going to be for
A few years return to base/or on site warranty

Problems can happen
More frustrating when it's a full pc
And a large amount of money
But how the Problems dealt with is the important bit
And if the op is happy with the outcome
Then it's all good

Enjoy your pc mate

Soldato
I had asked for and been invoiced for the white 4090 strix OC 24gb but got the same card in black ,
It would have been nice if they would have refunded you the difference and you kept, what was arguably a better computer, what with the pcie5.0, they should have built in a pcie 5.0 m.2, that would have settled it for me
can't help an SKU error though really, one of your items maybe got bought, just as you pressed the button

Last edited:
Associate
OP
It would have been nice if they would have refunded you the difference and you kept, what was arguably a better computer, what with the pcie5.0, they should have built in a pcie 5.0 m.2, that would have settled it for me
can't help an SKU error though really, one of your items maybe got bought, just as you pressed the button
There is ironically now a 300 quid difference in cost on the card from when I ordered the rig to since I got it but it does somewhat balance out with the board upgrade and the free fan upgrade..board does indeed look a lot nicer in the build aswell. Had gone full lian li so it did stick out like a sore thumb having the stock kraken fans in view

Soldato
board does indeed look a lot nicer in the build aswell.

I love a plan that comes together
Seems like you are happy now which is awesome, I'm happy for you!
Ocuk CS imho Are pretty good, they have helped me many of times in the past when I've bought something by mistake, changed my mind, or just bought the wrong thing, my brain is broken, so it can be hard for me to spot the correct
RMA email, so one of the CS agents, a woman, has been very patient with me and very kindly has emailed me plently of RMA emails seperate to the originals, which really helped me out, I cannot praise her enough !

Time to enjoy your new, epic computer
are you on 4K yet?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I love a plan that comes together
Seems like you are happy now which is awesome, I'm happy for you!
Ocuk CS imho Are pretty good, they have helped me many of times in the past when I've bought something by mistake, changed my mind, or just bought the wrong thing, my brain is broken, so it can be hard for me to spot the correct
RMA email, so one of the CS agents, a woman, has been very patient with me and very kindly has emailed me plently of RMA emails seperate to the originals, which really helped me out, I cannot praise her enough !

Time to enjoy your new, epic computer
are you on 4K yet?
Touch wood the bloke who's been assisting via the phone was great throughout the process , got back to me when he said he would and kept me informed of any modifications/ changes to the plan so I can't fault him at all.

4k the next step hopefully , just spent the weekend fighting with my audio mixer so I know all to well what the broken brain can do to the process ... 1 slider gets moved and everything goes to pot

Associate
My apologies has been absolutely non stop at home (pc drama aside) so havnt had a chance to properly update. Thank you all for your input with the posts.

As of Saturday the pc was returned to me rectified of issues , from what I could understand there was a lapse in communication with the Email agent who was sorting the build and the team actually building it.

Graphics card requested/invoiced for originally was the strix oc 4090 (white) and an incorrect sku code resulted in me receiving the black version , same situation with the board, the agent input the wrong sku and didn't check the item after doing so and I got the carbon version of the board vs the grey/black. All that went to the build team and they just did what they were instructed unfortunately.

The fans are a bit of a mystery to even the Agent who helped me via the phone , some weren't added to the build at all (potentially because it was split into 3 invoices and 2 payments due to transaction limits) but they have also been corrected.

Summary the email system was a total headache to use and despite my clarity around what I was after interms of build asthetics being white that was emphasised since the first quote email , the agent unfortunately seems to have overlooked that and caused the errors.

Overclocker team admitted complete fault surrounding the matter after our conversation and going back over the emails. As a courtesy my motherboard got a bit of an upgrade free of charge from the grey/black 670 strix board to the Asrock taichi Carrara and they supplied/installed the replacement for the stock aio fans (lianli lcd tf) free of charge , the turn around was less than a week and definitely expedited by the phone agent who kept me updated with progress and such throughout the time they had it back (due to dpd the system went back on Wednesday and returned to me Saturday morning)

Now that it's here and a lot closer looking to what i had originally planned out , I'm very happy with it though will confess not being able to go full custom over the phone definitely made the process more delayed and a struggle than it needed to be. And to clarify a couple of other areas , I am not a bot , or trolling. Overclockers admitted fault and agreed to an immediate return of the system due to what I had pointed out as incorrect in my OP so there was no dramas surrounding getting it back. Yeah I spent pretty big, budget isn't really an issue and I havnt had a proper pc upgrade since my trusty 970 build so definitely spent extra in a couple of areas on asthetics and the white tax but I had researched what parts I wanted and probably racked up too many hours on YouTube watching builds that I already had a pretty solid idea of what the completed build should look like.
Sorry for my comment sir. Your apology is accepted though.

Associate
Good result, but even so frustrating. I've had a great service from them with my build, albeit there was an issue with the Lian li PSU's popping but can't blame them for that, they replaced with a slightly better PSU. Agree the messaging system is not great.

Back
Top Bottom