1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has your handwriting deteriorated since primarily using computers?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cromulent, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Threepwood

Mobster

Funilly enough I had to write a 4 page letter today and my handwriting is much better than it used to be! hah!

2. LabR@t

Sgarrista

No it's always been terrible

3. d_brennen

Capodecina

I write a lot. Even though I work in IT, I have notebooks all over the place. Usually writing things down makes me remember things better

4. GW1970

Gangster

Damned horrendous

5. Malevolence

Capodecina

My handwriting has changed at all really, it's still as terrible now as it was back at school. Looks like a spider has walked through an inkwell and then had an epileptic seizure on the page.

6. chroniclard

Capodecina

Mines always been poor but its got worse as I hardly write anything these days. :)

7. Delvis

Caporegime

Mines not changed since primary school tbh

8. Gary*

Hitman

I've got pretty decent handwriting so I like to maintain it - I have noticed that a lot of people I've worked with over the last few years have shocking handwriting, so much to the point that it isn't legible and my 4 year old niece writes better!

9. SexyGreyFox

Man of Honour

My handwriting hasn't changed in over 50 years but there's one thing that annoys me, if I'm handwriting I never spell 'the' wrong but every time I use a keyboard I always spell it 'teh' and no matter how I may go slow when typing, it is still wrong when I look up.
    I have no idea how I can overcome this because it annoys the hell out of me.

10. Telecaster

Mobster

I write loads every day as I have to fill out job sheets, so I've not noticed any difference. I have noticed the type of pen I use can massively impact the legibility of my handwriting though lol.

11. azazl187

Wise Guy

My writing is terrible and my spelling has got worse. Weirdly my spelling when typing is better than when writing...

12. VTR

Mobster

Yes terrible, I often make mistakes when writing also , almost like I'm having to concentrate too much and often miss out letters even though I know how to spell the word.

13. robj20

Sgarrista

I handwrite more than use a computer in my job.

14. Yas786

Caporegime

Oh definitely, mine has suffered due to computers, tablets and smartphones.

Never had great handwriting as it is but whenever I have to write something, I can barely understand what I’ve written let alone anyone else lol.

It’s like people say the art of conversation has died with smartphones but also the art of handwriting has died due to computers, tablets and smartphones.

15. tamzzy

Sgarrista

have you seen doctors' handwriting? :D

16. CircleFaust

Mobster

ive never been that neat a writer but yes my handwriting is pretty terrible now. i'm on a computer all day.
    when i've to write more than a few words it shocks me how lazy i am. my rsi kicks in if i've to write more than a few lines
    anyone learn 'joint writing' in school? the old muscle memory of it is still there actually, i'm a doodler and always write things in joint on my jot pad

17. builder22

Wise Guy

I found some old music theory test/practice papers from 1991 at my parents a few months ago...... was shocked at how neat it was compared to now, try to make an effort anytime I'm writing now but need to go so slow to make it neat......so just end up scribbling the usual semi legible nonsense most of the time

18. builder22

Wise Guy

just sit there typing the word 'the' until you can't get it wrong....your muscle memory must think it's teh!
    start of just doing th then he, then the....

19. Flibster

Caporegime

My handwriting has always been terrible. But also been using computers since I was 4.

20. robj20

Sgarrista

My handwriting has never been handwriting so to speak. Kind of funny how teachers try to get you to do joined up writing and as soon as I started my career or was a no no to do joined up. Block capitals is preferred but anything extremely easy to read is fine.
    I mostly use a computer to print documents out to then hand write on them.