Have been hacked - lost access to accounts etc

Man of Honour
OP

it's not clear that you've carried out this process, so am sharing it just in case.
Seems fairly straight forward to prove its you and that you have an issue? Granted, it's annoying not to be able to talk to someone, but it says they should be able to verify with you and provide steps to recover the account within 24 hours...

First thing I did last night. Had an email back saying they can't help

Man of Honour
OP
some comments about providing proof of subsiduary xbox account ownership.

Retrieving Compromised Microsoft Minecraft Accounts
Getting back your Microsoft account is hard but not impossible. Now, Minecraft accounts cannot be transferred to another Microsoft account, only through aliases, which makes it possible for you to retrieve it if you have proof of ownership.
Things to prepare:
(Must) The Original Email Access, regardless of whether the hacker changed it.
(Must) Xbox Gamertag can be found on the default Minecraft launcher.
(Maybe) Transaction ID.
(Unlikely) Gameplay/Video Proof.
After you have the listed Must prepared, you can go ahead and contact Microsoft support. Here are the links I provided (you can copy and paste it)

So if I can't get original email access, because the scammer has it - I'm stuffed?

Man of Honour
OP
Can you not tell lol?

Well usually yes, but recently I’ve been on the end of quite a few of these emails and they’re becoming more clever and harder to spot. It’s like the two messenger requests I got. They looked official but I didn’t think Facebook would contact me this way so I’ve blocked them. But I just don’t know anymore it’s becoming so abstract

Man of Honour
OP
Do key loggers etc have to be physically installed? Another 3 £25 transactions were taken today using my business account. I’ve no idea how they are doing this.

All accounts frozen, all cards replaced. PayPal contacted (twice). Just need to get hold of Facebook

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom