Have you been permanently banned from any forums?

Commissario
as my post wasn't edited "to remove the swearing" either? I'm guessing a Mod picked the wrong post or I'd mis-spelled a word and the Mod thought I was trying to work around the swear filter - I've no idea!
This was back in 2010 and I can see that the post was edited but I can't see exactly was posted originally as there's no history available from that far back.
Nope, never. I always follow forum rules very closely. ;)
must.not.reply :p
(still waiting for the iMac Pro)

Soldato
This was back in 2010 and I can see that the post was edited but I can't see exactly was posted originally as there's no history available from that far back.

Yeah I edited it for spelling (post was in TV/Movies?), but I don't think there was any additional "mod" edit to remove the swearing after my edit as there was no yellow text, no Mod warning added etc that I remember, although it was a decade ago TBF :D

Soldato
Nope. Well not unless you count one of those clickbait celebrity newsfeed sites that claimed that xyz celebrity's dad was doing something or other, I knew it wasn't who they were claiming it was and I (politely) pointed it out and they removed the post and banned me after a single post! Guess they didn't want to be caught lying/making nonsense up.

Not sure I want to admit that I visited a celebrity clickbait newsfeed site once but.. yeah.

Soldato
I don't know, have either of those country's forces ALLOWED the molestation and rape of over 19,000 vunerable kids, just to avoid being called racist?

And yes, they knew about it, didn't do owt about it therefore allowed it. They should be in the docks with the perpetrators IMO.

Dunno, but they take bribes without thinking twice about it :p

Caporegime
I don't know, have either of those country's forces ALLOWED the molestation and rape of over 19,000 vunerable kids, just to avoid being called racist?

And yes, they knew about it, didn't do owt about it therefore allowed it. They should be in the docks with the perpetrators IMO.

You seem to be confusing corruption with stupidity.

Soldato
One, I got banned from a US car forum for talking about UK Japanese car shows, turns out that the term Jap is seen as a slur in the USA not a term of endearment. No way I could have known beforehand and even after I explained it they apologised and said they couldn't reverse it >.>

Commissario
Yeah I edited it for spelling (post was in TV/Movies?), but I don't think there was any additional "mod" edit to remove the swearing after my edit as there was no yellow text, no Mod warning added etc that I remember, although it was a decade ago TBF :D
All I can tell you is that the mod in question said that he edited something. Not all edits get yellow text/warnings.

But as you say, it was a decade ago. I've been asleep since then :D

Soldato
I was supposed to have been effectively permantly banned from this one. I asked about it a few years ago in a confessions thread and iirc the ban limit was supposed to be 100 years but typo'd to 10. My account email at the time was on an ISP email which was long dead so I had no idea at the time why I was banned or how to get unbanned.

Not something I really like to bring up in case one of the modern mods decide I must carry out the rest of my sentence :(

Caporegime
ResetEra lol

I asked why is it acceptable to say “*** posting a non fully starred out swear word is against the rules, as you well know. It's especially dangerous to do it in a thread talking about being permabanned! *** white people?” All the time, they didn’t like that. I stated if it was the other way round you’d be gone in an instant and was told it’s a false equivalence around racism.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
  • Twitter: I called Tony Blair a slimy, corrupt ****.
  • Some large Christian forum that I can't remember the name of: Basically just wore them down by questioning everything.

Last edited:
Soldato
One, I got banned from a US car forum for talking about UK Japanese car shows, turns out that the term Jap is seen as a slur in the USA not a term of endearment. No way I could have known beforehand and even after I explained it they apologised and said they couldn't reverse it >.>

How can "Jap" be a slur when it's just a short version of "Japanese" O_o

It's like saying "Brit".

Caporegime
My Pakistani mate uses it to describe them constantly. He has however clarified that there are Pakistani's and ****'s and they're two very different things apparently.

But you probably wouldn't use the word unless you were Pakistani.

I'm still interested in hearing @Nasher's thoughts but I'm not sure they stretch to more than posting the first thing that comes into his mind.

Caporegime
But you probably wouldn't use the word unless you were Pakistani.

I'm still interested in hearing @Nasher's thoughts but I'm not sure they stretch to more than posting the first thing that comes into his mind.

It is a weird one though. As said, brit is acceptable. I guess the issue lies in **** having previously been used as a racial slur.

An interesting one...people from Afghanistan hate being called Afghanis. Afghani is the currency.

Back
Top Bottom