Hazro 24" S-IPS, micro review + chat

Soldato
Of course OCUK could buy a load in, charge more than Hazro are charging now direct, and Hazros own price would go up because they know there is now a good demand for them.

Get em whilst they're hot i say!

Topics like this make me want to sell drugs for quick easy money :(

Man of Honour
OP
I've played some TF2 now, the motion is slightly different to "me" but that's mainly down to the fact that the past week I've been playing on a BenQ VA panel, feels more like the 2007WFP now just got to get good at TF2 again lol.

Will have a session tomorrow with some regulars and go from there!

I really like the quick access pixel mapping button too, makes 1:1/Full/Aspect changing easy!

Caporegime
Is the power supply internal?

Edit: Just read your post (whoops). External power suppliers are something I have vowed never to buy :p

Soldato
It looks like an amazing product; fantastic build quality, design and picture quality. Just a shame it lacks HDCP and is too much money for me to justify spending :(

Associate
Hello everyone,

I took the plunge in buying this monitor a on Tuesday, it arrive this morning and so far it looks f'in brilliant. I've had a bit of a play with it but nothing much and so far it seems wonderful. I also bought directly from Hazro for £450 (inc next day postage) and I actually spoke to the sales rep on his mobile out of work, so they seem like a pretty dedicated company!Very happy so far, will try and get some pics up soon.

Don't think about it, just do it :p

Jack

P.S Apologies to everyones other half in advance ;)

Man of Honour
OP
Good good! another Hazro-er :D

I just got the Eye-One today and ran through calibration, manually adjusted the Gamma and RGB and before calibration and got:

pc_TFT_Hazro_calibrated.jpg

The luminance only goes to 190 at 0% OSD brightness setting so I adjusted it to 58 which is a comfy level for my eyes and everything looks good :)

Man of Honour
OP
Damn! I've encountered an issue where if you choose a resolution other than the standard 5:4 resolutions (1280x1024 for example) the pixel mapping does not work so in games i cannot use 1680x1050 or 1920x1080 or anything widescreen below 1900x1200 else the picture squashes to one side of the screen!

I have tried a combination of OSD pixel mapping and nvidia driver scaling neither of which can override the problem.

I will see what Hazro say tomorrow then go from there!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Aha it happens in windows too, here's a pic of 1920x1080!

squish.jpg

I'm going to order another benq fp241w again as I need one for the games room downstairs (gamecube, ps2 and pc for emulating old skool consoles for my bro) to get rid of the crt in there so will probably return the Hazro (if no immediate fix can be issued) and use the Benq for the time being and get the Hazro again once it's been updated as it's bound to have all issues solved by then and possibly even sport any new features/connections.

I'm buying Mass effect and Alone in the Dark as they're due out soon and if they run slow at 1920x1200 on my 512mb 8800gt then I'll need to drop to 1680x1050 so it's quite important I have something that works at all resolutions at that time!

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi mrk,

what scaling mode have you got it on? with 1920x1080 on "Aspect" or "User Defined" I get 1 to 1 pixel mapping as seen in the photo below (please excuse rubbish photo, taken on camera phone in bad lighting as decent camera is having battery recharged!).

Also, a shortcut to change scaling mode is pressing the "select" button whilst not in the OSD menu.

IMAGE_167.jpg

Back
Top Bottom