Hazro and PS3?

Associate
Hi,

Has anyone been able to hook up their Hazro with a PS3 over HDMI?

I've got a HZ26Wi, just bought an 80Gb PS3, updated to 2.50 firmware, and get a nice blank screen when I try to switch it to HDMI. Have tried another HDMI cable and no joy.

Anyone got this to work? Or is everyone using component or hdmi->dvi?

Thanks,

Simon

Associate
OP
Ok... so it works hooked up to the DVI port using an HDMI cable with an HDMI -> DVI converter plug, but not when the HDMI cable is hooked up directly to the HDMI port. Any ideas?

Caporegime
Maybe you have to tell it to pick up the HDMI input? Do you have some sort of source input selection?!?

Strangely sounds like its just not expecting the HDMI signal and still trying to pick up the DVI one (why the black screen)

ps3ud0 :cool:

Associate
OP
Maybe you have to tell it to pick up the HDMI input? Do you have some sort of source input selection?!?

Strangely sounds like its just not expecting the HDMI signal and still trying to pick up the DVI one (why the black screen)

Yes the monitor has a selection menu to cycle through the various inputs and it doesn't auto-switch or anything funny like that.

So to summarise:
Config 1 - Cable: HDMI+DVI Adapter // Port: DVI // Input Selection: DVI = WORKS
Config 2 - Cable: HDMI // Port: HDMI // Input Selection: HDMI = FAILURE

Any other Hazro owners managed to get HDMI->HDMI working, either with PS3 or any other HDMI source?

Caporegime
I had quite a lot of problems with getting a PS3 to work with my 2407WFP and documented it here

Could be of some use - the connection seems to be quite 'fussy'...

Back
Top Bottom