HDMI cables with slimmer/low profile connectors for routing behind wall

Soldato
I did think about this but unfortunately relocating the NVR would be a lot more effort than I can currently be arsed with.
You should be able to swap the NVR with a PoE switch and then just move the NVR downstairs. Then all you need to do is run an ethernet from the PoE Switch to the NVR. A PoE switch will set you back like £50.

Associate
OP
Unfortunately I don't have the space or electrical capacity behind my TV for the NVR and it's PSU. I haven't mentioned that the NVR is also connected to a different TV where it's currently located (using the VGA port) so I'd have the same issue just the other way around, certainly an option for some but not in my case.

Soldato
Unfortunately I don't have the space or electrical capacity behind my TV for the NVR and it's PSU. I haven't mentioned that the NVR is also connected to a different TV where it's currently located (using the VGA port) so I'd have the same issue just the other way around, certainly an option for some but not in my case.
OK but then you just move the TV and then run a VGA cable through the wall back. I am sure you get a 13m VGA cable.

:cry: :D

Soldato
My advice have an alternate or use cat cable. OR have cable trunking or piping to protect and/or reroute in future.

At that length they have to be fibre optic and they break without much effort.

On my extension I put 2 in, one was somehow killed during building works and the other just stopped working. Then I was stuck. So now they just are part of my cavity insulation.

Had to make a lot of mess to second time round using some thin plumbing piping allowing me to pass new cables in the future etc …

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom