Headphone/Speakers Help?

Associate
So I have a pair of Sony headphones that I use when the rest of the house goes to bed and I use the speakers through my monitor through the day. The headphone jack on my Antec 300 doesn't work no matter how much I make sure the front panel headers are plugged in etc. So therefore I have to awkwardly reach around the back of my system a couple of times every day and then find the cable that has fallen down to the floor. What I was wandering if by any chance whether any of you SoundCity folks know anyway I could make this problem easier for myself. Maybe have both plugged in and use software or something, as you may guess I'm clueless at the sound side of PC's. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers,

Ross.

Associate
Do you not get any sound or is it very distorted from the front plugs? There's a fault in the Antec 300 case that is fixable. There are video tutorials on how to fix it if you look.

Caporegime
did you do this? common problem if your front panel audio plug isnt hd(jack sensing)

357erye.jpg

go to asus website and download/install latest realtek sound drivers,click the yellow folder in screenshot above and tick/untick the front panel jack detection box untill you hear sound from front headphone socket

Associate
OP
No sound whatsoever. I think I may have damaged the connectors while installing as I felt like I pulled something a little too hard. I am getting a 600T in mid March, but it's just annoying as I use my PC for a good 4+ hours a day.

Associate
OP
did you do this? common problem if your front panel audio plug isnt hd(jack sensing)

357erye.jpg

go to asus website and download/install latest realtek sound drivers,click the yellow folder in screenshot above and tick/untick the front panel jack detection box untill you hear sound from front headphone socket

Nope haven't touched the Realtek or any sound drivers.

Back
Top Bottom