Headphone spec request (please)

Soldato
The Mobius are outstanding if you need a headphone for, well, anything really.

They're a fantastic movie headphone, but I wouldn't be surprised if you end up using them for everything else after getting them.

If you've never used planar magnetic headphones before you're in for a treat.

Soldato
How do you upgrade the firmware, do you have a link?

Actually, it's this software?

https://www.audeze.com/pages/audeze-hq-software

Yes, that's the software. You download the firmware and there are instructions for the install inside the software itself. It's pretty straight forward.

EDIT: check to see what firmware is actually installed before trying to update. Chances are you might already have the latest.

Also, I don't know if you got yours yet, but the software allows you to get your head size. And it also lets you select the amount of reverb you want. Both these options make a difference to the sound.

Soldato
OP
Should be.

How are you getting on with them btw, assuming they've arrived?

First impressions are good although I haven't really had a chance to use them much yet. I've had a bit of a faff today trying to get my setup right as I'm using them for gaming and also watching movies on my LG CX48. The Bluetooth option results in audio lag with the LG, so I've now set it up to the PC with the USB cable and linked the LG to the PC with the headphone 3.5mm from the TV to line in on the PC.

I'll get a proper go with them over the weekend. :)

Also, I don't know if you got yours yet, but the software allows you to get your head size. And it also lets you select the amount of reverb you want. Both these options make a difference to the sound.

Cheers, I'll get a play around with that.

Associate
They don't have to be wireless as I don't mind running a 3.5mm cable if there's an advantage to be had, whether it's price or performance.

Hi, just as a matter of interest, and to add to this thread. Is there an audio difference between a 3.5mm and a 6.35mm 5m extension cable for headphones. They are available in all sizes m/f.
Thanks

Soldato
OP
For the audio lag did you try playing with Audio Delay settings on the TV? I think either enabling or disabling the bypass option solves the lag problem with Bluetooth.

That option is greyed out when I have the headphones paired to the TV. It's strange, because sometimes it's synced fine. Maybe I just need to disconnect and reconnect when it's laggy.. I'll persevere with it.

I'm enjoying the sound quality by the way, really good. :)

Soldato
That option is greyed out when I have the headphones paired to the TV. It's strange, because sometimes it's synced fine. Maybe I just need to disconnect and reconnect when it's laggy.. I'll persevere with it.

I'm enjoying the sound quality by the way, really good. :)

Ah, I haven't connected my headphones to the TV in a while as I got a full Atmos setup before Xmas.

But, I don't think the problem is the bluetooth. The latest LG Oleds seem to suffer from audio lag playing certain things. Seen some reports over in the CX thread.

Soldato
I had a look at the Audeze Mobius. Review like this make me think twice

https://www.soundguys.com/audeze-mobius-review-23342/

"The Audeze Mobius offers best-in-class audio for a gaming headset."

How about comparing them to audio headphones instead of gaming headsets? IMO, gaming headsets are not in the same class as music listening headphones

They are marketed as a gaming headset by Audeze. They are aimed at the gaming market. More specially, audiophiles who game.

But you needn't worry about sound quality. They are made by one of the best headphone manufacturers in the world using planar magnetic drivers. Just read any of the reviews, they all love the sound. And, if I recall correctly there are reviews comparing them to high end headphones.

Try them. I bet you like them.

Back
Top Bottom