Heating on yet ?

Soldato
I've turned ours on this week as getting up at 5am in the cold isn't fun.

Usually have it on 20minutes before I get up so its a bit warm and then turn it down before I go out (still keeping it on a tad).

Only have a quick blast if it gets really cold in the evening, our living room is massive so that's usually the coldest part.

Associate
I've been having the heating come on for a couple of hours in the morning...

Is it cheaper to have the heating on continuously throughout the day with the thermostat at say 17 - 18 degrees or so?

What's the most efficient water temperature to have running through the pipes?

Soldato
I'm in an end of terrace flat with no insulation, needless to say it can get a bit brisk. So I've had the heating on for a few weeks now in the evenings. I generally don't have it come on in the mornings as yet, because I am not in the place long enough.

I am considering getting a couple of oil radiator for the place as I think that would heat the rooms I use adequately. Undecided as yet.

Associate
I just had a new combi heating system installed. I am finding it difficult to get all the rooms to heat up before the stat reaches temperature so I am adjusting flows and rat stats.
Confused!

Also I hate heating bedrooms when wife is home in day so looking at some programmable rad stats.

Back
Top Bottom