Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice

Soldato
I always compare it to a 2hr trip to the cinema. That for me and her will cost £25ish. I get much more bang for buck out of a game.

Agreed and tbh if it's not worth it in your opinion you can always wait for sales nowadays.

You should get Odeon Limitless, our trips to the cinema cost £2 combined for both of us..if we want premium seats that is. Its free otherwise :)

£40 quid a month for two people in London, only worth it if you go twice a month and tbh given the drivel that comes out nowadays that rarely happens.

Man of Honour
£40 quid a month for two people in London, only worth it if you go twice a month and tbh given the drivel that comes out nowadays that rarely happens.

Ah, true , its a touch more expensive for London. We go to the cinema essentially every week now ever since we got Limitless, so we make quite a big saving. There were a lot of films previously which we would say "well, we wouldnt mind seeing that but dont want to pay cinema price for it, so we will wait for it to come on Sky/Prime/Netflix". Whereas now we just go see those films for nothing. Recent cases in point, War of the Planet of Apes, Valerian and Dunkirk. All films which we previously wouldnt have paid cinema price to see, but seeing as we saw Spiderman Homecoming, all 3 of those were basically free :)

Soldato
Apparently the audio is something so amazing people won't shut up about it, but I've heard it before in other games; just not so much that it's the main part of the game.

I almost hate that I can't get into these games, I guess when you've been playing games for most of your life it gets harder and harder to wow you with stuff you've seen before.

What other games have you played thats had this audio solution?? I like it.

Soldato
I always compare it to a 2hr trip to the cinema. That for me and her will cost £25ish. I get much more bang for buck out of a game.

true that, my current record holder is kerbal space program: £24 for 536 hours works out at 4.5p per hour of entertainment

this game does look interesting, will maybe look into it when i get home as tbh with the graphics i've seen on youtube i think my main rig will struggle to run it let alone this potato laptop.

as for 6-8hr's being a short campaign, its still a better love story than call of duty sp

Soldato
We need to be friends.

:D i'll admit i haven't played in a while, i'd kind of got to the whole "been there done that" stage, thinking i might wanna do a proper deep playthrough sometime in career mode now that we have 64 bit, load up a bunch of mods and go full scott manley (well, in designs at least i'm a terrible pilot :D )

my second place is skyrim (inc special edition) on pc only comes to 481 hrs plus about 2-300 more on console, although that was something like £40 for each base copy plus all the dlc so not quite the same, although is we say ~£135 for 781hrs still comes to 17p per hour.

Soldato
:D i'll admit i haven't played in a while, i'd kind of got to the whole "been there done that" stage, thinking i might wanna do a proper deep playthrough sometime in career mode now that we have 64 bit, load up a bunch of mods and go full scott manley (well, in designs at least i'm a terrible pilot :D )

my second place is skyrim (inc special edition) on pc only comes to 481 hrs plus about 2-300 more on console, although that was something like £40 for each base copy plus all the dlc so not quite the same, although is we say ~£135 for 781hrs still comes to 17p per hour.

myzqFl5.png

Skyrim i really got my moneys worth from :p D3 is my most though. Around 2000 hours.

Soldato
Skyrim i really got my moneys worth from :p D3 is my most though. Around 2000 hours.

dayum, of my games list the only 2 i have you beat on are ksp and bl2 :p

in my defence, i'm mostly a sp guy (don't do pvp multiplayer, and good co-op multiplayer is hard to find), and as much as i'd love to love arma, i just can't deal with how poorly it performs on my rig. plus tbh i use airsoft mainly to satisfy my shooting at things bug :D

i'll confess ksp mostly bites into my engineering nature, i love building crazy complicated rockets, although i do "cheat" and use mechjeb mostly for flying (hell some of my designs are almost impossible for me to pilot manually)

Soldato
Much appreciated Harry!

Have just had a look now pal, seems that all the controls can be re bound to number pad and i placed movement ( WASD ) onto arrows and worked fine. Hope that helps :).

Other than this i can't claim to have had any issues using M&K the only thing you will need to do is remember your bindings as they don't prompt on screen, infact as far as ive seen there is no hud. ( as yet )

Associate
Have just had a look now pal, seems that all the controls can be re bound to number pad and i placed movement ( WASD ) onto arrows and worked fine. Hope that helps :).

Other than this i can't claim to have had any issues using M&K the only thing you will need to do is remember your bindings as they don't prompt on screen, infact as far as ive seen there is no hud. ( as yet )

Fantastic!! Thank you so much!

Soldato
Just watched "lollash" finish it in about 6 hours on Twitch.
Looked quite repetitive with quite simplistic combat.
Story might have been good, I found it a little dull so didn't follow it.
For £5 (maybe £10) I might pick it up, but for £25 not a chance.

Soldato
i got bored VERY quickly, and it's not a bit realistic, mark my words.
Just wondering what is a more realistic representation of a 'loss of contact with reality' as seen through the psychotic manifestations from someone's own imagination...? Surely it's entirely up to their psyche what it's like? :p

Just watched Mack's review of it... sounds very very good. I'm just wary of the short playtime.

Associate
I thought it was a great game.I can see some people rage quitting or just giving up.Too bad they missed a gem.I just wish out of the 200+ games installed on my PC there were more like Hellbalade.

More Hellblade screenshots

Back
Top Bottom