Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice

Underboss
I just saw a video showcasing the Unreal 4 Engine, showing how realistic things are looking through "facetime"

This game was mentioned, showcased, and wow, its just stunning
is this a part 2 game as it sounds like a sequel to me, im certainly interested in knowing more

Soldato
What an amazing Game!! My Game of the Year! Easy
For a small time stupid these guys have created a masterpiece! Bug time Dev teams should be ashamed of themselves.

Highly Recommended!

Soldato
It's an interesting game but I found some of the mechanics that were limiting freedom of movement very frustrating. Also annoyed that I must have missed one of the glyphs so missed the achievement :p

There are some stunning visuals and the combat is definitely satisfying, though. I can forgive the feeling of it needing something more simply because it's a small studio. :D

Soldato
So I'm about 10 hours in now.
Just finished the Sea of Corpses area, and I'm wondering when the award winning game that everyone was banging on about turns up? :p

Is it bad? Not really
Is it good? Not by a long shot.

I get the feeling that everyone who bigged up this game was just involved in a massive circle jerk and didn't want to be the first person to criticise a game that deals with mental issues.

Soldato
Everyone is entitled to their opinion of course but I couldn't disagree more. For me it felt like a completely unique experience, it looks stunning, loved the combat, settings, lore, story and the character Senua herself. I'll concede that it's a game that you need to embrace, feel and become immersed in - if you can't manage that, then I suppose the experience would be considerably less.

Soldato
I'll give you that the combat is good.
It does feel meaty and satisfying.
However 90% of the enemies are basically the same and can be defeated with the same 2 moves.
And I do enjoy hearing the stories of the Northmen when you scan the circle runes.

My quote for the back of the box would be "A pretentiously 'meh' story, told via the medium of a half-arsed game."

Soldato
So I'm about 10 hours in now.
Just finished the Sea of Corpses area, and I'm wondering when the award winning game that everyone was banging on about turns up? :p

Is it bad? Not really
Is it good? Not by a long shot.

I get the feeling that everyone who bigged up this game was just involved in a massive circle jerk and didn't want to be the first person to criticise a game that deals with mental issues.

So basically a "black panther situation"?

Soldato
Played this at the weekend, holy cow man it is like being in a movie.

The voices act to pile atmosphere into the experience.

It is available free to play on the XBOX Pass.

Back
Top Bottom