Helldivers 2

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Is there any situation where taking heavier armour is actually beneficial? in a "devs don't understand their own game" moment - it seems to me any situation you are taking damage, except maybe on the easiest setting, you are pretty much dead, mobility is key for staying alive. You'd need like 20x the armour rating to be able to "stand and bang" with the enemy in any kind of useful way. Though an armour set with a big defensive boost, resistance to player damage and access to/bonus to melee weapons would be kind of hilarious against bugs.

I have seen the armour do something i.e. it took off less health when a bug stabbed me, but overall I just run whatever suits on the day such as egg nest mission get the armour that has 6 grenades. It also needs looking at from a mobility standpoint too as when they buffed the ai not long ago, the mobs seemed to be able to track you all over the map and were on your heels. The lighter armour should allow you to run faster. Perhaps it is somewhat working but it needs exaggerating a little more like you mention so that its quite distinct which armour offers benefits and then we need to see the numbers to prove its actually making a difference.

Associate
I have seen the armour do something i.e. it took off less health when a bug stabbed me, but overall I just run whatever suits on the day such as egg nest mission get the armour that has 6 grenades. It also needs looking at from a mobility standpoint too as when they buffed the ai not long ago, the mobs seemed to be able to track you all over the map and were on your heels. The lighter armour should allow you to run faster. Perhaps it is somewhat working but it needs exaggerating a little more like you mention so that its quite distinct which armour offers benefits and then we need to see the numbers to prove its actually making a difference.
My friends use it against the bots, seem to shrug off incoming light fire a little easier.

I stick with the armour set that has medium protection but light stamina pool/regen, or the medic armour. The extra stims and healing duration really come in handy in clutch moments.

What are the weapons of choice for folks ATM? I usually sport the Breaker or Slugger, then the autocannon, laser+guard dog rover or flamer+rover. The rover has caused issues against the shriekers however, so many times it's killed an incoming one whose corpse has then eviscerated me!

Soldato
Is there any situation where taking heavier armour is actually beneficial? in a "devs don't understand their own game" moment - it seems to me any situation you are taking damage, except maybe on the easiest setting, you are pretty much dead, mobility is key for staying alive. You'd need like 20x the armour rating to be able to "stand and bang" with the enemy in any kind of useful way. Though an armour set with a big defensive boost, resistance to player damage and access to/bonus to melee weapons would be kind of hilarious against bugs.

Armour rating only has a marginal impact on surviability. Might mean you get 2-shot instead of 1-shot. Mobility tends to be key, which is why most players seem to favour Light or Medium armour. It's the passives which make the biggest difference anyway and if you hunt around the Warbonds and rotating Supercredits store you can usually get some good combinations.

I usually run Light armour with Scout when solo/duo. Prevents getting too much aggro *some* of the time and you can often sprint away and de-aggro stuff. Medium armour with the passive that gives 50% chance not to die from lethal damage, when in random 4-man PUGs (because chaos).

What are the weapons of choice for folks ATM? I usually sport the Breaker or Slugger, then the autocannon, laser+guard dog rover or flamer+rover. The rover has caused issues against the shriekers however, so many times it's killed an incoming one whose corpse has then eviscerated me!

Usually Breaker (or one of its variants). I like the Stalwart for clearing trash, swapped on the battlefield to EAT for bigger stuff. Guard Rover for solo/duo bugs swapped to Shield Generator Pack for bots and 4-man. Then whatever turret or Eagle strike suits the mission. I like the EMS stun mortar for certain situations too, especially extractions.

Soldato
Think the problem I've got with the Ion Storms, is that they don't seem to have any negative impact on the Bots (think I've only seen it on Bot maps...). I'd not mind it so much if it caused some oddities with their behaviour, and limited the bot drops, but I don't think that happens at all? Happy to be corrected if that does happen and I've just not noticed it though :D

It would certainly make for a more interesting game mechanic if both sides suffered differing adverse affects

Those flying enemies seem a bit broken, one merely glanced past me in my exosuit and I exploded :D

As an avid user of the grenades launcher I have now, on multiple occasions, blown myself up when firing a grenade just as one of the flying bugs swoops down directly in front of me detonating the grenade and killing us both!

Last edited:
Soldato

I'm very tempted to buy one of thoose stream deck things as trying to call down a stratagem under pressure (normally involving a charger or two or a hulk with the bots) often doesn't end up with results similar to the end of this video.

Anyone else use them for much else with other games?

Last edited:
Associate
I have mine set up for opening my most used work documents and programs, also have one on my sim rig to control pits etc.
It does make calling Stratagems must less of a chore, particularly reinforcing when it gets hectic.

Soldato
I had no issues at all Saturday and today I have had quite a few problems with the game.

1. Game crashed
2. Lost connection
3. Stuck on loading screen for mission and never got any further after waiting 3/4 mins so had to force close the game.

Lets hope this new patch helps.

Associate
This is the first game I recall getting bugger with patches! I've seen a lot more glitching, like my friend last night getting launched vertically into the air (without being hit) and ending up in the drink with all samples lost.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
just used the flamethrower for the first time....no idea why i waited so long. oh my, the mayhem it causes is just glorious :cry: :cry::cry::cry:

When I first played the game it was not great at all, as above they seem to have buffed it slightly and now feels in a fairly good place. Though at higher difficulties feels like it needs 10-15% higher tank capacity (though that might be difficult to balance with lower difficulties).

Last edited:
Soldato
Flamer didn’t get a slight buff, was 50% dmg increase iirc. Has made it considerably more viable, Altho I feel there’s been a hidden nerf on charger damage with it recently, as squirting a full tank on it doesn’t necessarily bag you a kill anymore.

Soldato
Flamer didn’t get a slight buff, was 50% dmg increase iirc. Has made it considerably more viable, Altho I feel there’s been a hidden nerf on charger damage with it recently, as squirting a full tank on it doesn’t necessarily bag you a kill anymore.

Not tried it myself, but shooting at the chargers legs with a flamerthrower nets a quicker kill.

Soldato
I've played with people who seem to be able to do amazing things with the Flamethrower, including take down Chargers. But I mostly just set myself alight with it, repeatedly :)
Yeah, I had this issue when using it.

I guess the problem is the mobs are too close to you to use it and of course catches you in it.

For the chargers aim for the legs, The video posted above shows the flame thrower against them and it seems to do a good job providing your aiming at legs.

Back
Top Bottom