Helldivers 2

Soldato
Grenade pistol will be excellent for closing bug holes etc without having to take the grenade launcher support weapon.
Not bothered looking through the new WB yet so seeing the words ‘Grenade pistol’ has me very interested and maybe even a bit aroused as the more explodey things I can shoot at bugs and bots the happier a chappy I am.

Man of Honour
Yeah the quasar is ridic op

Just seen a team dropping them at the extraction point at the start, so they can then drop another set on the way back and basically just switch between them to circumvent the cool down time and just keep shooting as quickly as they can charge them up.

Man of Honour
Meh first game tonight game just going into meltdown a few times resulting BS deaths, even points where pressing the map button would make the sound for it but not bring it up, quit out of that and joined another game only to be unable to select more than one stratagem so had to quit the game to sort that...

EDIT: WTF loaded game back up tried to join someone, hit the button to change to mission briefing and it instantly loaded me into a different player's game, then instantly moved me back to the cryopod things joining yet another player's session where they were just sitting around doing nothing on their ship... not having a good time with the game tonight.

And now it just keeps joining me to people who are just sitting on their ship AFK...

And glitch after glitch... FFS what a waste of a few hours.

EDIT2: LOL then I went to quit the game having got fed up and it just locked up after clicking quit...

Last edited:
Soldato
Meh first game tonight game just going into meltdown a few times resulting BS deaths, even points where pressing the map button would make the sound for it but not bring it up, quit out of that and joined another game only to be unable to select more than one stratagem so had to quit the game to sort that...

EDIT: WTF loaded game back up tried to join someone, hit the button to change to mission briefing and it instantly loaded me into a different player's game, then instantly moved me back to the cryopod things joining yet another player's session where they were just sitting around doing nothing on their ship... not having a good time with the game tonight.

And now it just keeps joining me to people who are just sitting on their ship AFK...

And glitch after glitch... FFS what a waste of a few hours.

EDIT2: LOL then I went to quit the game having got fed up and it just locked up after clicking quit...
You really do not seem to be having much luck with this game.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Not bothered looking through the new WB yet so seeing the words ‘Grenade pistol’ has me very interested and maybe even a bit aroused as the more explodey things I can shoot at bugs and bots the happier a chappy I am.

So far not been impressed by the new weapons in there. To early to say though could just be my playstyle.

Soldato
Did a high value asset mission the other night, for the 1st time.
The amount of burning tanks made it hard to see towards the end!

mjUKcXC.jpeg

Associate
8 hours in, still have no idea what I should be doing except following others. Played against bots today but t seems like the default weapon isn't great against them, what's the best one to unlock?

What should I prioritize unlocking in general? I'm level 8 atm.

Last edited:
Soldato
My facourite gun is the sickle, but you won't be getting that any time soon.

The AR-23 Liberator isn't a bad gun to start with, with bots, it's all about aiming for the weak spots.
I've not used it in awhile, but the SMG-37 Defender was a nice upgrade from the liberator, despite it being a SMG.

Shotgun wise, the SG-8 Punisher and the SG-225 Breaker are solid choices, despite the recent nerfs. But my favourite shotgun is the SG-8S Slugger.

But disregarding all that, I would say the best thing to do is invest in the AC-8 Autocannon strategem. That thing will kill 90% of the enemies in game.

Man of Honour
Picked up the defender today, it definitely helps with bots. Plus the supply pack that has been very useful. Also one of the early air strikes that seems to smash most things in its path. Having a blast, have had a mix of teams so far, some good, some not so good. Learning as I go.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I would say the best thing to do is invest in the AC-8 Autocannon strategem.

Takes a bit of experience to not take our yourself and/or your team as well as the enemy with it though. Positioned right it can even kill bile titans, etc. though.

Associate
My facourite gun is the sickle, but you won't be getting that any time soon.

The AR-23 Liberator isn't a bad gun to start with, with bots, it's all about aiming for the weak spots.
I've not used it in awhile, but the SMG-37 Defender was a nice upgrade from the liberator, despite it being a SMG.

Shotgun wise, the SG-8 Punisher and the SG-225 Breaker are solid choices, despite the recent nerfs. But my favourite

But disregarding all that, I would say the best thing to do is invest in the AC-8 Autocannon strategem. That thing will kill 90% of the enemies in game.

I use the sickle too for the most part.

Agree with everything you've said there. Used the breaker for most of my time until I unlocked the sickle.

Also used the Autocannon, but moved to the Anti material rifle so I could use a shield and take on 7-9 difficulties with 1-2 people.

Man of Honour
I am loving this. Much more fun once you get some decent equipment and find a good group, who even if they aren’t that amazing, have a rough idea what they are doing. The desert planet I was on has been completed, so on an ice planet for the first time (won’t miss the fire tornadoes, those things are brutal). It’s also good to have levelled up a tiny bit so that I don’t get kicked all the time.

It’s the perfect game to start off with my new pc build, pushes it decently, but still getting huge frames at 4K. A good test for longer sessions too testing for any prolonged heat build up in the case (none so far, temperatures all stable).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom