Helldivers 2

Man of Honour
Anyone else think the next warbond looks a bit underwhelming? I like the look of the new light armour, but I am getting bored of 27 cosmetic variants of the same handful of armour perks. A variant of the Defender and Scorcher, and yet another low magazine capacity assault rifle... I'd love them to do a drum mag Liberator with 75-80 rounds and a high rate of fire. Give it 5 mags, 50 damage or something. I'd enjoy running around with a bullet hose... I basically want a ballistic version of the Sickle...

I'm a bit disappointed with them, there aren't that many good looking armours and most of the newer ones seem to be marginal rehashes of existing very bland looking ones, definitely a few new armour perks and actually doing something with helmet stats/perks wouldn't go amiss.

They seem a bit stuck between the notion that primary and secondary weapons are supposedly ineffective and you should do the meat of the fighting using stratagems and the reality that you do have to rely on the primary and to an extent secondary weapons quite a lot in how the game actually plays out, especially when they make them war bond items so they can't really be too poor.

Soldato
First experience with a cheating player earlier.

They were only level 15/16 and had chinese type characters in their name. Played 2 games with them and they were calling down seemingly infinite stratagems - Loads of Gattling/Rocket/Autocannon sentries.

At the mission stats screen after - 0 stratagems used.

I recorded it with Nvidia and am uploading it to Youtube but a 120fps 4K video is massive so it'll take forever.

It really ruined the game, there was no real danger at any point (and we were playing on Suicidal difficulty). It makes you wonder why people do it to be honest.

Hope they stamp that out ASAP.

I've experienced this, a guy was constantly calling down orbital lasers

Associate
There have been some bugs where orbitals are nuts, but that does sound shifty.

I'm annoyed by the PSN account linkage, just unnecessary and poorly thought out if players have put based it in regions where it's not available. Will use my old account anyway, just irritating that I'll have to.

Man of Honour
Think I've only seen 2 instances of people definitely cheating so far in ~130 hours of playing. In one case someone who had basically no cool down on stratagems but wasn't spamming like 6 of the same one at once and one where a couple of people were 360 mag dumping almost instantly like 10 times the fire rate of normal and killing everything instantly (even chargers they were somehow instantly killing with the Stalwart).

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Someone made an interesting point on the Steam Discussions - if you were gifted the game it doesn't actually tell you a PSN account is required and in the game itself on first setup though it told you that a linked PSN account is needed it doesn't prompt you to actually do so (at least when I set it up it didn't).

Soldato
Introducing additional account requirements (which some people may not be able to fulfill without messing about) months after people have paid for a game is a pretty poor show.

I would imagine this was pushed more by Sony than Arrowhead.

All part of the joy of games as a service that you never actually own model!

At least in HD2 case the 'live' aspect actually adds to the game and isnt just bolted on as is often the case these days.

Associate
The review bombing is testament to what a bad move this is. As the devs have been at pains to point out it's down to Sony and not them, and apparently it wasn't a requirement initially due to potential issues it could have caused at launch.

Still, it won't stop me playing. I love the game.

The quasar nerf wasn't as bad as I was expecting, still a very capable weapon. My problem at the moment is moving away from the Sickle, I find I miss it's capabilities if I use anything else!

Soldato
The UK also requires a mobile number, photo or some sort of ID.

So multiple vectors for identity theft, truly hilarious.

You just need to provide a mobile number for age verification and they do point out explicitly that it is deleted afterwards unless you choose to keep it on your account by ticking a box.
That's it. Everything else just faceplant the keyboard and make up.

Caporegime
You just need to provide a mobile number for age verification and they do point out explicitly that it is deleted afterwards unless you choose to keep it on your account by ticking a box.
That's it. Everything else just faceplant the keyboard and make up.
Uh huh sure, the UK government is to be trusted.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
The quasar nerf wasn't as bad as I was expecting, still a very capable weapon. My problem at the moment is moving away from the Sickle, I find I miss it's capabilities if I use anything else!

I wish they'd make the railgun a more viable alternative - though apparently the last patch supposedly fixed it so that 2 shots work (which I've not tried), couple of days ago or so I tried it and it was taking 4-5 sometimes 6 shots to remove a charger's leg armour and then you still needed to shoot it with your primary weapon. It should be able to headshot a charger in 2-3 shots IMO, probably more like 2 as it requires reloading between shots.

Man of Honour
The review bombing is testament to what a bad move this is. As the devs have been at pains to point out it's down to Sony and not them, and apparently it wasn't a requirement initially due to potential issues it could have caused at launch.

Still, it won't stop me playing. I love the game.

It won’t stop me playing and I’m sure it won’t most other people, it’s just an unnecessary move and one of the many problems with modern gaming. It’s a bold move by Sony, alienating the PC community at a time when their games are booming on the platform.

Man of Honour
It won’t stop me playing and I’m sure it won’t most other people, it’s just an unnecessary move and one of the many problems with modern gaming. It’s a bold move by Sony, alienating the PC community at a time when their games are booming on the platform.

I'm on the fence, I'm not quite played out but at 130 hours though I love this kind of game there is also a lot of things which work against my enjoyment of it, reviving my PSN account for the game might just be one step too far and I just don't bother with it, even though it is a relatively little thing in itself.

Caporegime
4k is still processing and it's the whole mission so I haven't edited it down

I didn't shadow the player the whole time but you can see how much he is calling down defensive weapons

It's P1 in orange.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I see they still haven't fixed the shuttle immediately departing when the first person boards leaving everyone else behind :(

Soldato
What have they done to this game?

First time I have had time to play since the nurf\buff update.

Movement still feels "slow" compared to what it used to be.

Mobs spawns\amounts seem to be insane from the point of you starting the mission.

Primary Weapons no longer feel like they are doing any decent damage anymore. tried the dominator, scorcher etc

Soldato
I had a strange issue this morning.

Was at the extraction and then was suddenly moved to my ship.

No kick message or message that the host had left either

Man of Honour
I see they still haven't fixed the shuttle immediately departing when the first person boards leaving everyone else behind :(

Nope, still not fixed. A growing list of unfixed bugs, but meanwhile let’s waste time balancing an already balanced PvE game. At this rate no one will be left playing to care about the balancing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom