Helldivers 2

Soldato
Anyone had a situation where you were in the shuttle, then you die and fail to extract?

No but I've been stuck in the door a few times and had to dive out and try again.

I found the game a bit slow last night - like laggy. Not sure if that's related to this update. I didn't notice any differences other than that. Nearly Lvl20 :D

Hard/Extreme is fine for me. I've done some suicides but I find if the team are all high levels and although I hold my own well enough get kicked often.

One guy pushed me a few times for no reason so I shot him a bit and got kicked.

US players seem to be the most friendly. Had one guy who I assume wasn't native English language and to hear his dude screaming my leg or finding a sample in a different language was hilarious.

If you got XP for running away from a charger I'd be lvl 100+ :D they're such a pain. Titans are easier to deal with.

Last edited:
Soldato
You need suicide+ to get the Super Samples though, to unlock parts of the ship.

I want to unlock the one that gives your Defensive gatlings, mortars etc 50% more health.

That reminds me, I wanted to ask how do you get the arcade machine working. Was on someone else's ship last night and they were playing the game. The other 3 of us just stood watching him play. :)

Associate
Really enjoying the ARC-12 Blitzer on the bugs now, the increased fire rate makes it feel pretty nice for stun locking most things, it still whiffs when there's a lot going on though so you have to be mindful about moving around slightly and changing angles.

Man of Honour
Anyone had a situation where you were in the shuttle, then you die and fail to extract?

You are immune to bot/bug damage once in the shuttle but can still be killed by friendly fire in some circumstances which is a bit stupid i.e. if someone blasts away with the breaker incendiary as they are trying to board through a mass of bugs it can kill everyone in the shuttle.

Nope.

I've had it where the shuttle just clipped through the floor at an angle with a wing poking out, which stopped us from extracting... That was annoying.

Had one the other day where a bile titan came up through the floor under the shuttle right at the end of the timer and it stopped the shuttle departing.

Last edited:
Associate
Mixed thoughts on this.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/553850/announcements/detail/4196868529806518742

Attention Helldivers,

Due to technical issues at the launch of HELLDIVERS™ 2, we allowed the linking requirements for Steam accounts to a PlayStation Network account to be temporarily optional. That grace period will now expire. See details below in this post.

Account linking plays a critical role in protecting our players and upholding the values of safety and security provided on PlayStation and PlayStation Studios games. This is our main way to protect players from griefing and abuse by enabling the banning of players that engage in that type of behaviour. It also allows those players that have been banned the right to appeal.

As such, as of May 6th, all new HELLDIVERS 2 players on Steam will be required to connect their Steam account to a PlayStation Network account. Current players on Steam will start to see the mandatory login from May 30th and will be required to have linked a Steam and PlayStation Network account by June 4th. PlayStation Network accounts are free and easy to set up using this link
https://www.playstation.com/support/account/create-account-for-psn/

Man of Honour
It seems completely unnecessary, I do have a playstation account but pretty much put it into hibernation due to the number of security issues.

Personally think it'll just result in a moderate drop in player numbers from people who can't be bothered with it.

Man of Honour
The community will be furious with that. Well done Sony. A great game and community that is slowly being eroded away. I couldn’t be bothered and I already have an account with them.

Even worse for those in countries that can’t get an account. Hopefully steam offers refunds. They’ve done it before.

Last edited:
Associate
Stupid decision really, I've got an account already so it's not a massive issue for me as all the data on there is well outdated or stripped down, but would completely understand the frustration of anybody now having to create an additional unwanted account with a questionable history of security.

It always gives me red flags with things like this, GTA4 and GTA5 no longer work on my Steam account since Rockstar decided to use their own launcher, the Rockstar account I had linked there was busted and I ran out of patience trying to fix.

Soldato
I requested a refund, not that I expect to get one. Not played it in weeks and they do this, so worth a punt.

Yeah it's not a huge deal to create an account, but the justification is garbage IMHO. We have kernel level anti-cheat, but still have cheats so I don't see how creating a PSN account will help me as a Steam only player.

Back
Top Bottom