Helldivers 2

Suspended
I don't know for sure, but isn't all the Premium content SC stuff cosmetic?

And it's PVE anyway, so all you are doing is grinding to make the game slightly easier to kill things.

I just unlocked the ability to call down more bombing runs before re-arming which seems like a big help.

Stuff like getting guns and supplies 10% quicker, not so much.

Last edited:
Soldato
Very very slowly now though. It’s definitely not pay to win, pay to get nerfed at the moment.
I've not really used to Erupter but if it was significantly better than all the other weapons as people seem to suggest it was then it should be nerfed to atleast be inline with the other weapons.

If one weapon is locked behind a paywall or a very long grind then it's pay to win.

Last edited:
Soldato
You can. It just takes a while.
A while as in years? Genuine question. Is there a way to earn Supercredits that that I don't know about? You seen to get around 1k from doing the standard war bond but other than that I've found 10 here or there when doing missions. Going to take me years to get another 4000 supercredits without paying :p

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
A while as in years? Genuine question. Is there a way to earn Supercredits that that I don't know about? You seen to get around 1k from doing the standard war bond but other than that I've found 10 here or there when doing missions. Going to take me years to get another 4000 supercredits without paying :p

When you have a warbond, within the pack there is SC in there! :p

Soldato
Even nerfed and with my limited play time I imagine it won’t take more than a couple of weeks playing off and on to get 1k. As above, the warbonds themselves have sc’s as part of their package (200 usually I think)

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Even nerfed and with my limited play time I imagine it won’t take more than a couple of weeks playing off and on to get 1k. As above, the warbonds themselves have sc’s as part of their package (200 usually I think)

I didnt buy the latest pack using money I already had SC to buy it. Not been playing as much lately just logging on to tick over the daily medals, I also have not bought from the 48hr shop in ages so I think people need to look more if they want free SC during the missions.

Man of Honour
To get SC at a reasonable pace you need a team who is working towards that end really and hitting the places of interest each mission. They seem to have heavily reduced the drops for it though - without using the farming "exploit" you used to be able to jump in and solo some lower difficult missions and at random get a bunch of pickups above 10 SC, maybe it was a bug rather than intended I dunno. Last few times I've done that it is only in 10s and generally between 10 and 30 per map and probably 10 times as long to make 1000 from doing that.

Associate
I did farming runs back near launch, easiest difficulty just speeding around the maps to find everything, usually around 8-9 minutes a map. I did it every couple of days for an hour or two, watching tv on the side and ended up with quite a few. I've probably made, excluding unlocks from the tree, around 3.5K, enough to buy a few warbonds which in turn will yield another enough currency for another one when I've unlocked anything.

It felt busted then, so I'm not surprised if they've nerfed the low difficulty farming, the medal pay out was decent as well.

Soldato
I don't know for sure, but isn't all the Premium content SC stuff cosmetic?

And it's PVE anyway, so all you are doing is grinding to make the game slightly easier to kill things.

I just unlocked the ability to call down more bombing runs before re-arming which seems like a big help.

Stuff like getting guns and supplies 10% quicker, not so much.
you're thinking of the premium shop, which is purely cosmetic. However, you can unlock the warbonds with 1000sc and there are weapons in there.

Soldato
I did farming runs back near launch, easiest difficulty just speeding around the maps to find everything, usually around 8-9 minutes a map. I did it every couple of days for an hour or two, watching tv on the side and ended up with quite a few. I've probably made, excluding unlocks from the tree, around 3.5K, enough to buy a few warbonds which in turn will yield another enough currency for another one when I've unlocked anything.

It felt busted then, so I'm not surprised if they've nerfed the low difficulty farming, the medal pay out was decent as well.

Can you still find the same amount of SC's during game no matter the difficulty? I've only been playing on Helldive and not found many at all tbh. Maybe I should just solo some easy difficulty matches and farm SC's and Common Samples. Have ****loads of rare and super samples or whatever they are called but always waiting on Common to get the Ship Modules

Associate
Can you still find the same amount of SC's during game no matter the difficulty?
I think the thing was that as you enter the higher difficulties, the rarer samples started getting added to the potential drop pool, so your chances to find SC were reduced. Therefore speeding through at trivial was the most efficient way to do it, there were times were I was hitting 30 quite regularly per map, so it it averaged to a few hundred an hour, plus medals.

I've not tried again since those early weeks and can't seem to find what actually changed? I know there were some exploits that were yielding far more than what I was doing (Thousands instead of hundreds per hour) so I'm not surprised they caught attention and were fixed.

Soldato
So whilst the gamers will take this specific case as a win, in reality Sony will just ensure all this PSN requirement is included "before" they sell/distribute the next game - that requirement isn't going away any time soon no matter how much people protest.

As I said a week ago..............

t16se2c.png

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I'm not against making/linking a PSN account, but I'm not going to do it just for the sake of it for Sony's convenience rather than mine and they obviously have a lot of work to do on the PC side of gaming at the moment :s

TBH with this whole fiasco and the approach to balance changes, etc. at the moment I've barely played at all the last few days and not sure whether I'll get back into it or not. One of the appeals for me with the game was the relatively uncomplicated, slightly over the top, slightly unbalanced, fun and that is kind of being lost.

Back
Top Bottom