Helldivers 2

Soldato
Since?
I used it Friday evening and it would hardly lock on to anything. It has the potential but they need to rework the lock on

I last tried it a month ago and it was unusable, I've been away for the last 2 weeks - but played earlier and now it's really easy to use, played about 10 games with it.

Associate
Somebody dropped the Purifier from the new warbond earlier and I got to try it out, absolute garbage. It felt like it was broken and wasn't working correctly as it just wasn't killing things for me, sometimes I'd get splash damage kills, other times it seemingly did nothing. Anything comes up close and you're screwed because of the charge time and risk of being stunned, but try to use it long range and it just has a standard red dot scope with no zoom and doesn't seem accurate. I got stuck against a couple of Devastators and couldn't do anything, the shots just stunned them slightly for a moment before they took me down.

I then dropped back in with the Sickle and took them all out within a few seconds, another warbond to avoid it would seem.

I'd seen a post about another new warbond that looked cool and different, toxic themed weapons and grenades with armour sets that gives resistance to the effects, then I read the post properly and realised it was just fan art :cry:

Man of Honour
Yeah very little from them I find interesting - I feel like there are 2 or 3 different trains of thought developer wise on how the game works which aren't really in sync when it comes to this stuff.

Soldato
Last night I played a bunch of games on 8, tried some of the other guns like the knight, some of the rifles - man it's hard going :D

Then I switch back to the breaker / scorcher, and it's so much easier.

They really need to do a balancing pass on most of the other weapons, as they're just no good.. (especially the assault rifles, except for the adjudicator they're all unusable)

Man of Honour
except for the adjudicator they're all unusable

Liberator Penetrator is quite good, though I find something has changed with it, in a negative way, since they made it automatic fire and I can't quite figure out what. Just a bit of a pain with how much ammo you expend to get the job done.

I really don't understand what they are doing with the assault rifles and marksman rifles in general - the JAR-5 Dominator was a better DMR than the marksman rifles, aside from being more range limited, until they fudged the ergonomics and reduced the damage on it.

I just don't see the point in the Liberator Concussive - damage wise it is useless and the stagger doesn't make up for it or add any significant crowd control ability.

Nothing really works like the Breaker Incendiary at higher difficulties (though the arc shotgun whatever it is can be quite potent with the right play style) but I bet they just nerf that instead of finding a good balance and/or traits which make them useful.

Last edited:
Soldato
I really don't understand what they are doing with the assault rifles and marksman rifles in general

I'd normally play with marksman rifles and long guns, trouble is the JAR-5 is better than all of them, the anti-material rifle is also pretty decent, but it burns up a stratagem slot.

There's a new update today with more fixes, so I guess the devs are focused on fixing bugs - which they should be, I imagine they're not deaf to the people calling for better balance, but I imagine their priority is to fix the crashes and bugs first..

That said - I have played for 2x nights in a row now with the SPEAR, and I'm finding it really good - it locks on almost all of the time provided you're not too close and it does a lot of damage.

Soldato
Will have to give the spear a try then. I was also having fun using the Eruptor as the primary and taking the Stalwart for backup spray.

I use first person aiming, I find you just need to make sure the square stays in the centre of the reticle, then it'll quickly change colour until it's green - then fire..

For me, sometimes if you're too close it won't lock so I zoom out then zoom back or move further away.

Soldato
Update out got the game today, notes below.

Seems to be looking at crashes and no buff or nerfs

Greetings fellow Divers! Small patch deploying to a Super Destroyer near you

Overview
For this patch, we have made improvements and changes to the following areas:
  • Crash fixes
  • Misc fixes

Fixes

Crashes
  • Fixed a crash triggered when the host left after a player hot joined.
  • Fixed an occasional crash in the Loadout menu.
  • Fix for a rare crash when transitioning to or from the ship.

Misc Fixes
  • Fixed players getting stuck on the mission summary screen when the host leaves.
  • Fixed the issue of non-purchased Super Credits not being visible in the Warbond Overview screen (only relevant for Japanese release).
  • Optional account linking now available in the Account section of the in-game settings.
  • Fixed 'Steam AppId supplied invalid or not allowed' being shown due to a different error.
  • Fix attachments on weapons showing up as purple question marks in the tutorial in some cases.
  • Airburst proximity explosion is now triggered only by enemies & Helldivers.
  • The AR-61 Tenderizer now has the correct color scheme.

Known Issues
These are issues that were either introduced by this patch and are being worked on, or are from a previous version and have not yet been fixed.
  • Players may not have the option to send, accept or decline friend requests.
  • Players may not have the option to Block other players.
  • Blocked players are not added to the Blocked Player list or prevented from joining games.
  • Game may crash if the player changes the text language while on a mission.
  • Players may experience delays in Medals and Super Credits payouts.
  • Players may occasionally receive excessive XP.
  • Enemies that bleed out do not progress Personal Orders and Eradicate missions.
  • Arc weapons sometimes behave inconsistently and sometimes misfire.
  • Most weapons shoot below the crosshair when aiming down the sights.
  • AR-61 Tenderizer deals too little damage and is not in the final state we are intending.
  • Spear’s targeting is inconsistent, making it hard to lock-on to larger enemies.
  • Stratagem beam might attach itself to an enemy but it will deploy to its original location.
  • Helldiver may be unable to stand up from crouching when surrounded by enemies.
  • "Hand Carts" Ship module does not reduce Shield Generator Pack's cooldown.
  • Some players might become stuck in the Loadout when joining a game in progress.
  • Reinforcement may not be available for some players who join a game in progress.
  • Planet liberation reaches 100% at the end of every Defend mission.

Release Captain Carlberg out

Last edited:
Associate
Very very slowly now though. It’s definitely not pay to win, pay to get nerfed at the moment.
I don't know, i got enough supercredits to get the latest warbond and i'm already back up to 500+ supercredits, i even had my first ever 100 SuperCredits find on a mission at the weekend. Usually find 20 Supercredits per 40 minute mission

Soldato
had a strange issue where focus was constantly changed to the desktop and back to the game yesterday. first time that's happened. has anyone else experienced that? It was like someone was just tapping alt-tab all the time.

Caporegime
I don't know, i got enough supercredits to get the latest warbond and i'm already back up to 500+ supercredits, i even had my first ever 100 SuperCredits find on a mission at the weekend. Usually find 20 Supercredits per 40 minute mission
I wasted all my super credits on cosmetic stuff from the market not realising I could save up 1000 and spend them to unlock other Warbonds.

Man of Honour
One thing I found a bit disappointing - the cosmetic stuff including on the store is generally a bit meh and they should expand the amount of stuff on the store at any one time really IMO.

Man of Honour
had a strange issue where focus was constantly changed to the desktop and back to the game yesterday. first time that's happened. has anyone else experienced that? It was like someone was just tapping alt-tab all the time.

Had something similar when I switched to the overlay a couple of days ago. It stopped after 20 seconds or so and fortunately was only during the drop phase/loading screen.

Man of Honour
Sounds like they are reverting the spawn rates. It never should have been changed in the first place. It’s just turned into running simulator now.

I have mixed feelings about that, but it is more what the game is supposed to be about when you are fully engaged in combat. Being moderately competent at stuff like Doom slaughter maps I wasn't too bothered by the changes even though it often resulted in a lot of time spent running around to manage the horde.

Back
Top Bottom