Helmet thread

Associate
Simpson RX

3034_1144890615324_1019250930_43906.jpg

HJC Carbon

Untitled2-2.jpg

Soldato
I'm a novice rider and looking for a helmet at the moment. Are there any that are better for riders that wear glasses?

I've never had any trouble with my glasses, had a few different road lids and a few different MX lids, plus borrowed a couple of my dad's, my glasses have fit under all of them. If you're unsure just try a few on but honestly I wouldn't expect you to have any trouble :)

Associate
When I was learning I had a Raid II, nice legal visor and Oakley why 8.0s or some crap poking into the padding behind my ears, but normal glasses go down behind the ears innit. Then I passed and my first purchase was a race visor yaaay. :p

Associate
When I was first riding I had a cheapo Box lid, which is now consigned to the cupboard for when I park up at heathrow and sod all else.

I then had an Arai RX7-Corsair which I bought in Japan for the princely sum of £200 brand new, I had a few offs (nothing where I hit my noggin that I remembered) dropped it down a concrete staircase and then had it stolen...

I now own an RX7-GP in black with a dark tint visor, I want to get a mirrored one eventually :)

Oh and I also need to get an MX lid at some point

Soldato
I've got an AGV Stealth now, and I do find it a good helmet, but that said, I'm sure I can get much better. It's quite noisy, but fits well over all.

Shame the thing just rusts like a *****. The front & side vents have all rusted on mine, I've cleaned them up as much as I can and applied ACF50, but I'd have expected them not to rust in the first place for the price I paid.
Had to replace the clear visor twice for it as it scratched extremely easily, the one I got now seems much better. Weird thing is the one that came on it, and the replacement I got from the store didn't have AGV Stamp on it, the one I bought online did, so not sure what went on there heh.

Associate
I think all sellers of motorcycle helmets should have a bike in a wind tunnel so you can find out how noisy they are before buying them.

Not sure that'll work tbh, naked bikes will have more noise than faired bikes, also will make a difference as to what position you're in as the wind paths will be different.

the only way it's be of any use would be a dumbed down version with stars like the sharp tests, even then that could be unreliable.

Soldato
I think all sellers of motorcycle helmets should have a bike in a wind tunnel so you can find out how noisy they are before buying them.

It's all so hard to work out though. My Mille at a tuck was quietish, at full upright was quietish, as were most positions, but at a certain point around halfway was a full on, head battering thrumming at an unbearable frequency. Drop or raise my head just an inch or so and it went.

Bike + Helmet + Speed + Height of rider + Wind + Position of rider = noisy or quiet

Too many variables.

Back
Top Bottom