Help, Computer build not working :(

Associate
OP
Ok yes i do have 2 and even wiht just one or 2 same thing happens, and i have just changed the RAM with 2 sticks which 100% work and still same thing, boots for about 2 seconds then off again. Dont know if this is linked but the power button on the case doesnt work.

Soldato
Try shorting the power jumpers with a screwdriver

How do you know the switch doesn't work, surely you haven't had a chance to get to that point to test it as it powers on instantly?

EDIT: What wazza suggested would also work

Associate
OP
Try shorting the power jumpers with a screwdriver

How do you know the switch doesn't work, surely you haven't had a chance to get to that point to test it as it powers on instantly?

EDIT: What wazza suggested would also work

Power jumpers? where are they located? And it does turn on as soon as i put the plug in and swtich it to on on the PSU but after it shuts down if i press the power button nothiing, but if i shot the CMOS then it powers up.

Associate
OP
im thinking bent cpu socket pin/pins but idk for sure

if its starting up then shutting down 2 seconds later then the boards starting but somethings up,i doubt it's switches

could also be incompatible psu

Well ive posted all i have so is the PSU compatible or not? how would i know? what am i looking for? a socket type?

Soldato
the pins that you connect the + - front case power button too,just momentarily touch both together with a short flat bladed screwdriver,then the board should startup

This ^

Wazza, is it possible that bent CPU pins would make it power on instantly? I thought that would be completely separate from the power side of things and powering the PSU when the switch is pressed?

Caporegime
I agree it might be short circuit on the case

best start from outside the case and take it from there

as for psu there's no way of knowing without trying another make/model,boards can be choosy when it comes to power supplies,it still could be bent cpu socket pins or shorting motherboard on your case,check the easiest stuff first

Associate
OP
I agree it might be short circuit on the case

best start from outside the case and take it from there

as for psu there's no way of knowing without trying another make/model,boards can be choosy when it comes to power supplies,it still could be bent cpu socket pins or shorting motherboard on your case,check the easiest stuff first

Ok so tomorrow remove motherboard from case and power on and take it from there? if it still doesn't work are we blaming a incompatible PSU? how will i know a new one i buy would be compatible? however if it does work outside the case, return the case and get a new one?

Associate
OP
if it boots then its the case button/wires faulty

if it doesn't boot then its something else

it could be

psu
bent cpu socket pins
shorting motherboard on your case

or just a faulty motherboard

It boots for about 2 seconds, fans start up and lights on the fans light up. The power button illuminates and then it all shuts down before anything on screen happens.

Back
Top Bottom