Help - Ebay account Hacked

Soldato
Need some help please.

Got loads of emails from Paypal about purchases I knew nothing about, all from about 20:50 - it appears ebay account has had its email and password changed (no idea how they did that!) and now they are buying through it, which is linked to my paypal.

I cant get through to ebay - their 24/7 line is only open during office hours! I have cancelled my credit card (linked to paypal), changed passwords on hotmail, paypal just in case.

Is there anything else I can do tonight?

Soldato
OP
no, unfortunately I linked it to ebay so you dont have to login - I thought it was computer specific, as I only use the one machine to do my ebay stuff, but it appears its not.

Soldato
OP
I'll probably get the money back through buyer protection but the main pain is I was bidding on a couple of things that I'll probably miss out on (unless the hacker decides he wants them, which is unlikely!)

Soldato
OP
update - ebay has given me my account back, paypal are steadily refunding me the money, not all yet but they are working through them, just got to wait on my new credit card arriving and will be back. Have reported to Action Fraud but don't expect a result. A close call, no more linking paypal to ebay!!

Soldato
OP
update - paypal and ebay have been ok - refunded everything but the 2 delivery charges so I am only £40 down at the moment, hopefully will get that back in 7 days.

Unfortunately 2 of the items have been dispatched, not my problem but it means the scumbag will likely get something. Seems what happened is quite common, as ebay gave me my account back almost instantly, changed all my details back - the fraudster had even hidden the purchases hoping I wouldn't see them, and I guess I wouldn't have noticed for quite a while if paypal hadn't been sending me receipts.

Lesson learned!

Back
Top Bottom