Help. GIGABYTE AUROS MASTER BIOS

Associate
I have built pc using your i9 auros bundle. However, I have noticed that when I have switched off the power supply and then turn back on.

The PC
Boots 2 times quickly and turns off staright away
3rd time longer but turns off
4th time boots as normal But
BIOS states 'clear cmos information states bios has been reset reconfig your bios setup if needed'

Do you have any suggestions as I don't want to have to disconnect everything and return if indeed the motherboard is faulty?

Soldato
Sounds unlikely as it's a new motherboard but the CMOS battery may be dead. When you remove power at the wall/PSU switch, the motherboard relies on the CMOS battery. You could try replacing it or measuring with a voltmeter.

You haven't left the jumper on your motherboard to clear CMOS have you?

Soldato
I have built pc using your i9 auros bundle. However, I have noticed that when I have switched off the power supply and then turn back on.

The PC
Boots 2 times quickly and turns off staright away
3rd time longer but turns off
4th time boots as normal But
BIOS states 'clear cmos information states bios has been reset reconfig your bios setup if needed'

Do you have any suggestions as I don't want to have to disconnect everything and return if indeed the motherboard is faulty?

Does the same thing happen if you don't switch off the PSU ? ie shut down, leave it a couple of mins minn switch back on again

Soldato
That's what I feared. How good are overclockers at returns as I don't want to be without a pc

Whether you RMA through OCuk or Gigabyte themselves who are based in Milton Keynes, either way you are going to be without it for at least a week, or live with it, personally I never turn my PSU off, yes I shut down my computer, but not as far as unplugging it or switching the PSU off, for all I know, the board ive had 6 months could have the same fault you have, may try it now and see lol.

Soldato
That board has a clear CMOS button on the rear I/O so you don't need to short any pins to clear it.

Also do you get a different error code on the motherboard display ? as that might give some indication of what is happening when it won't boot.

Associate
OP
Disappointed with overclockers not responding to my mail. Does not give much faith buying rom them again

I have eventually fixed the issue myself without there assistance.

MAILED SUNDAY ABOUT ISSUE ITS NOW THURSDAY. Only response I got was try a new battery in cmos lol. I have emailed several times.

Associate
Disappointed with overclockers not responding to my mail. Does not give much faith buying rom them again

I have eventually fixed the issue myself without there assistance.

MAILED SUNDAY ABOUT ISSUE ITS NOW THURSDAY. Only response I got was try a new battery in cmos lol. I have emailed several times.

How did you fix your issue?

Associate
Hello all,

Sorry I was away last week and most of this week, let me know if you need an hand. How did you fix the issue, it's strange if you replaced the battery and it still did the same thing. Anyway just let me know if I can help.

Associate
What was your fix?
Did this happen after you updated the BIOS? Mine did that for the first three or four reboots after I went from F1 to F10 on my Gaming 7 Optane/i7-8700k. Must have been reprogramming something at low level. Scary when it does it but since then been fine.

Associate
Interested to know how you fixed it as I have the same problem except that mine will also only boot into backup bios. Does yours boot to main bios ?

If I set the bios switches to single bios mode and boot from main, it will either switch on and off a few times and boot to backup bios or it will stay on main bios but just hangs with blank screen and code 4F. Have to powercycle to recover. Code 4F just says it's reserved.

I don't actually know if it's ever booted to the main bios as never checked the leds till now and switches were at default which is dual bios mode.

Really hope this is fixable and don't have to rma.

Associate
Hi GIGA-man
What is the correct procedure for that ?
I tried the following:
With pc off, set switches to single bios mode and backup bios.
After boot up, saved a copy of the backup bios.
Changed the bios switch to the main bios and then used Q flash to flash the copy I took from the backup.

Still wouldn't boot to the main bios.

Back
Top Bottom