Help me find a Mini-ITX case

Soldato
So I have an Asus G20 on my desk from work. Won't start, proprietary motherboard, SODIMM memory, external PSU missing, GPU missing...basically it's for parts.

What it does have is an i7 6700 non-K, a 256GB SSD, and a 2TB HDD. I have lying around a GTX1050 and a Corsair GS800 PSU. So all I really need is a board, DDR4 and a case. If I really want to get fancy...I have a slimline 240mm rad too.

I'm planning on pairing it all with a Z170 mini-itx board - one that can do non-K overclocks - hopefully secondhand.

Digging through the case options I'm struggling to find one that allows me to fit all of this. I'm a fan of the LianLis usually but it won't let me get a 240mm rad in.

I'll probably be turning this into a Hackintosh as a laptop backup for my 16" MBP.

Can someone help me find a case that has:-

- Mini-ITX (obviously!)
- 240mm fan area for radiator/fans
- Space for 1 full size drive and a single SSD
- Conventional power supply (I am open to buying a smaller one if need be)
- Preferably of aluminium construction in black/dark colour
- Compact as possible
- Ideally under £100

Soldato
This is probably the closest:

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/raij...-itx-case-black-tempered-glass-ca-03v-rt.html

Also comes in white for the same price.

Alternatively, there's Silverstone's SG13, and Raijintek's Metis Plus. But you'll have to drop the 240mm rad in both cases. And you may need an SFX PSU in the Metis, depending on how long the GPU is.

If you want an aluminium case that hits all of your requirements (bar price), you're looking at a Streacom DA2 or Ncase M1. But both are way over budget and will likely need an SFX PSU (unless your GPU is a short "ITX" card).

Alternatively, use an ITX board in your current case for now, and wait for this:

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/cooler-master-nr200-new-itx-case.18889817/

Should be out before the end of Q3.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Rajintek looks interesting and I wouldn't have to get an SFX. Excellent.

I was going to bump up to micro purely because the boards are a lot cheaper, but if I find a reasonably priced Z170 mini-ITX board I'll get that.

Soldato
*shameless plug* If you're after Micro, I'm selling a case in the MM at the moment. It's one of the smaller Micro cases.

Back
Top Bottom