Help me YouTubers, I have lots of game/system/config questions

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
it is confusing its called adobe premier elements. its a scaled down version of pro but with all the basics you need.
Was considering going for it once but then the reviews put me off a bit. Same thing for photoshop elements. These are severely cut down as I recall to the point they are not that much better than free alternatives.

Caporegime
Was considering going for it once but then the reviews put me off a bit. Same thing for photoshop elements. These are severely cut down as I recall to the point they are not that much better than free alternatives.

having used most of them i can tell you now nothing free or cheap is close. its a rearly good prog. most people just grab the top sony or adobe products and dont even use or know how to use all that comes with em . its just cause they pirate that version. the reality is unless its for work or top end editing no one needs more than progs like the basic sony and adobe elements progs. especially just for youtube which is mainly just clip fade clip fade lol.

if you not sure just...download the trial give it a go. obviousy depends what you know about editing and what you expect to get out of the prog for what your doing.

Soldato
having used most of them i can tell you now nothing free or cheap is close. its a rearly good prog. most people just grab the top sony or adobe products and dont even use or know how to use all that comes with em . its just cause they pirate that version. the reality is unless its for work or top end editing no one needs more than progs like the basic sony and adobe elements progs. especially just for youtube which is mainly just clip fade clip fade lol.

if you not sure just...download the trial give it a go. obviousy depends what you know about editing and what you expect to get out of the prog for what your doing.

I may give this a go myself this weekend and just try and produce the same as I do on Shotcut to see the differences in approach. Just released the first three videos of a new lets play today which hardly needed any editing (no loading screens or such like) so I may try and do them again in Premier.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime

Yeah fair enough. I may look to get package of photoshop and premier at some point if I see them on offer. Not in a rush just yet as making use of free stuff like GIMP which really is not intuitive at all. I used to use photoshop CS back in the day and that was much more intuitive.

Soldato
Can anyone recommend a boom arm for a blue yeti mic? I am thinking of one for Christmas for myself but there are many options in Amazon. Anyone got experience of an exact one they recommend?

Caporegime
Can anyone recommend a boom arm for a blue yeti mic? I am thinking of one for Christmas for myself but there are many options in Amazon. Anyone got experience of an exact one they recommend?

Seeing as the Blue Yeti is a heavy microphone, maybe check out the 'compass premium microphone boom arm' for it - which is part of the Blue accessories product range.

Of course, there might be better/cheaper options that I'm not aware of.

I believe 'Rode' make some very good mic arms as well though they are also dearer than most other makes.

To an extent, you get what you pay for.

Last edited:
Soldato
Seeing as the Blue Yeti is a heavy microphone, maybe check out the 'compass premium microphone boom arm' for it - which is part of the Blue accessories product range.

Of course, there might be better/cheaper options that I'm not aware of.

I believe 'Rode' make some very good mic arms as well though they are also dearer than most other makes.

To an extent, you get what you pay for.

My misses has bought me one and a shock mount for Xmas I believe. She said it was advertised to work with blue yeti and the reviews looked promising.

Associate
The Rode PSA1 or the Blue Compass are both really heavy duty boom arms and either will manage practically any microphone without any issue of the weight causing it to sag out of your chosen position.
I went for the PSA1 purely because I like the styling for routing cables but have also used a Blue Compass in a workplace before.

Associate
OP
Wow...what was the short answer?

Any reason why?
The short answer was no.
+1 for RØDE Microphone boom arms. Solid. Hold weight. Quality.

The longer answer is, before I start, Im thinking a little more on what Im wanting to do and why.
Am I going to be happier using my extreemly random sense of humour in content creation as an outlet for my creativity, VS getting caught up trying to create more serious and resourceful content to simply aid folk in making purchasing decisions.
Just chewing over how random Id like my content to be. How many channels do I want. Do I feel they will be conflicting.

Im quite passionate about all aspects of digital content creation/consumption and whilst I could easily get lost in sharing sensible philosophies on the games I enjoy, I reckon its important too that I do what suits me, and that might be a focus more on just sharing my own random quirkyness that reflects that aspect of me, in scripts. Not worrying what others think or being my all sensible self.

Id like to create videos which are fun, laid back, random and probably ridiculous. I have non gaming interests and will want to be creating non gaming related content sometime soon, Im not sure I want to do both. So, nothing to see here atm. Still just chewing ideas over.

Like OBS, recommend it!

Associate
Yeah OBS is excellent.
OBS is also really useful if you decide you want to dabble in a little bit of live streaming through Twitch as well as it has the built-in functionality to handle that as well as recording.

I keep getting tempted to revisit doing YouTube videos when I'm gaming.
Used to have a channel a number of years ago but flushed my content and deleted the account when I got too busy with another hobby... now I'm at a point where I feel like I might enjoy switching back to doing some YouTube stuff again, maybe as a once or twice a week sort of thing.

Soldato
Yeah OBS is excellent.
OBS is also really useful if you decide you want to dabble in a little bit of live streaming through Twitch as well as it has the built-in functionality to handle that as well as recording.

I am tempted to drop GeForce Experience and try OBS. I keep getting oddities with GFE, such as each time my PC is powered on I need to reset my recording mic volume. Also tonight I had some weirdness with my mic recording, almost like static, but it was only there in one of the three recordings I did tonight. Very odd.

Associate
OP
I am tempted to drop GeForce Experience and try OBS. I keep getting oddities with GFE, such as each time my PC is powered on I need to reset my recording mic volume. Also tonight I had some weirdness with my mic recording, almost like static, but it was only there in one of the three recordings I did tonight. Very odd.
Try Obs. I got to grips with it really quickly. Liked it.

Back
Top Bottom