HELP: Need to buy a cat 5 or 7 GPS tracker, any recommendations?

OcUK Staff
Hi there

I am asking for double confirmation from dealership on my new car but they are adamant it has no tracker and due to the value insurance wants a cat 5 or 7 approved GPS tracker fitted, not only that by doing so halfs my insurance premium.

As such are there any recommendation? Both the finance company and insurance company adviced me not to pay extra for a big brand name and to just get the cheapest one with the above approval that is hard wired into the car.

But this is very new to me and I know a few people on here have probably got or had trackers in the past. Just any recommendations please?

I am also getting to Jaguar to double check it does not have one and its just a case of it being de-activated.

OcUK Staff
OP
I have the cat7 'tracker' system in my audi, £250 fitted then £150 a year subscription. Job done :)

think you will find cat5 is more than cat7 btw

Well insurance told me it has to be GPS cat5 or cat7, I will just get cheapest, its just to be covered for theft on insurance.

Though I don't mind paying a little extra to have cool apps on my iphone like being able to login and see location, if any attempt at start or open etc.

OcUK Staff
OP
Seems the cheaper options are not GPS?
Only the cat5 £698 is GPS, my insurance company did specific say it had to be GPS based.

OcUK Staff
OP
Does the car have Incontrol Secure?

No idea on that m8, I asked if it had tracker they said no. Rang insurance company they told me to double check and Jaguar came back saying it does not have a tracker.

Was the Incontrol Secure an optional extra or factory fit?

OcUK Staff
OP
Jonny

Just downloaded Jaguar remote and Jaguar Apps, on doing Jaguar remote setup and entering car VIN I got this:

jagsecure.JPG

So the car does have tracker?

OcUK Staff
OP
Wasn’t sure if it would be as not MY18 with Incontrol touch Pro. Seems it does

Might just need the service activating by paying the subscription and then the telematics unit onboard will be active.

Yep it is there, they apologised and set it all up for me and told me the service is paid for and running until 2019, when car reaches 3yr old. I can see where it is on my phone, if it is alarmed, fuel in tank etc. I can beep and remote start too but sales guy said it does not have that maybe, but according to my phone it does, so shall try later to confirm. :)

Soldato
Good good, everyone here has to have that setup properly otherwise they are in real trouble if their management car is stolen.

John Lewis were trialling a Service where they came onsite here and could deliver online orders to the boot of you car as they had access to the app unlock (boot only). A friend had something delivered that way

Back
Top Bottom