Help needed: Anyone live in France or have a French address? Other EU countries considered

Soldato
OP
Seriously? The ones I posted were just examples, there are plenty of others to choose from. The second one is in fact a very similar size, did you even bother looking? :rolleyes:
Sorry. Did you have something to contribute? I want a ugreen nexo pro. Not some other knock off.

The one Raymond linked to is good, but it's actually bigger, and heavier, than the Ugreen one

Associate
Just thinking outside the box here, but could you not just buy what you want in the UK plus a 3 quid travel adapter ?

Disclaimer: last time I was out of the UK was in 2008 (Military) and 2004 on holiday with the then-wench. Things might have changed a little since then.

Soldato
Sorry. Did you have something to contribute? I want a ugreen nexo pro. Not some other knock off.

The one Raymond linked to is good, but it's actually bigger, and heavier, than the Ugreen one
I was trying to help you out by offering up something that you could purchase from this country. I clearly shouldn't have bothered given your attitude.

Caporegime
Seems to be about 280g

This one is less at 255g

Pho

Pho

Soldato
You can probably also just buy it from Amazon.fr rather than Amazon.de - https://www.amazon.fr/UGREEN-Nexode-Chargeur-Compatible-MacBook/dp/B0CCXVG3DD/ . Your existing Amazon account should also work without having to re-register.
Though the French listing says its sold by Ugreen Group Limited UK too. Maybe just call their UK office and ask them? They might have the stock over here already.

Or failing that I wonder if you could get delivered to an Amazon locker over there and pick it up?

Soldato
Loads of people have french addresses.
Yep to the answer the OP it seems there's over 67million people who in France and likely have a French address

yYX10Iz.png

Soldato

Post-brexit, do you know if the delivery prices include any customs/processing fees -

don't want the proverbial Capita goons turning up on the doorstep, that the license payers are so afraid of.

Soldato
OK seems like - if De Amazon has paid VAT providing it is less that £135 should be duty free , so standard rules ,
even if the de amazon checkout doesn't seem to acknowledge the issue.

Soldato
Amazon.de even seem more efficient than uk amazon shipped to uk on the next working day prime using EU sepa payment - have to see who executes delivery.

Panasonic WES9011 Schermesser und Sc...
Sold by: Amazon EU S.a.r.L.
Order Summary
Item(s) Subtotal:€58,74
Postage & Packing:€3,35
Total Before VAT:€3,35
VAT:€12,42
Total:€15,77
Grand Total:€74,51
Selected Payment Method:
Direct Debit

Commissario
Probably a bit late now, but IIRC you can sign into various non UK amazon sites with your UK account, I'm fairly sure that's how I ordered the "Graboid" LE Tremors DVD set from Germany years ago and they'll usually ship to the UK, but you may need to pay postage.

Last edited:
Soldato
yes - ironically, although I had text searched amazon uk for the product I bought, when I searched for amazon.de product number it found it in the UK shop,
which hadn't worked for the OP's product,
all told, comes out at same price.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom